Alaspan Am Strip Of 10 Tablets
Alaspan Am Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Alaspan AM tablet is used to relieve seasonal allergy symptoms such as sneezing, runny or blocked nose, burning, itching, watery eyes. It is also used to treat cough. It is a combination medicine con
taining loratadine and ambroxol. This medicine works by promoting surfactant production and stimulates ciliary activity then it leads to loosening of the mucus which makes it easier to cough out and helps in reducing skin allergic or other allergic symptoms. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Alaspan tablet can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Before taking this tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹14.82 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ambroxol(60.0 Mg) + Loratidine(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Treat cough and allergic symptoms|
|Side effects||Headache, drowsiness, fatigue, increased appetite|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Alaspan Am Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Alaspan AM tablet is used in relieving symptoms associated with seasonal allergy.
- It is also used in the treatment of cough.
Contraindications of Alaspan Am Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to loratadine, ambroxol or any other ingredients of Alaspan AM tablet.
Side effects of Alaspan Am Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Increased appetite
- Difficulty sleeping
Precautions and Warnings of Alaspan Am Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney problems.
- You have stomach ulcers.
- You have secretion related problem.
- You have a condition called Ciliary dyskinesia (causes nasal congestion, middle ear infection).
- You should not take this medicine along with medicines that suppress the cough.
- If you are due to have any kind of skin test, the doctor may advise you to stop this medicine two days before the due test date
Mode of Action of Alaspan Am Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Alaspan AM tablet is a combination of two medicines loratadine and ambroxol.
- Loratidine is an anti-allergic medicine which helps in treating sneezing, running nose while ambroxol helps in promoting surfactant productant and stimulates ciliary activity then it leads to loosening of the mucus which makes it easier to cough out....
Directions for Use of Alaspan Am Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Alaspan AM tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Alaspan Am Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Alaspan AM tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking any antibiotics (like ketoconazole), antifungals (erythromycin) and medicines to treat heartburn or stomach ulcers (cimetidine) as it may increase the side effect of Alaspan AM tablets....
- Also inform the doctor if you are taking other cough suppressing medication.
Storage and disposal of Alaspan Am Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Alaspan AM tablets at room temperature in a clean and dry place, protect it from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep the tablets away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Alaspan Am Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Alaspan AM tablet used for?
Q: What side effects occur if you take Alaspan AM tablets?
Q: Is Alaspan AM tablet an antibiotic?
Q: What does Alaspan tablet contain?
Q: What is the dose of Alaspan AM?
Q: How long does Alaspan AM take to work?
Q: How does Alaspan AM work?
- Alaspan AM tablet works by the combined action of two medicines loratadine and ambroxol.
- Loratidine is an anti-allergic medicine that helps in treating sneezing, and running nose while ambroxol helps in promoting surfactant productant and stimulates ciliary activity then it leads to loosening of the mucus which makes it easier to cough out....
- Drugs H. Loratadine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 11 March 2022]
- Loratadine 10 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 March 2022]
- Loratadine 10 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 March 2022]
- Ambroxol hydrochloride [Internet]. Drive.google.com. 2021 [cited 11 March 2022]