Akurit Z Kid Tablets
Akurit Z Kid Tablets Description
Akurit z kid tablet is a prescription medication used to treat tuberculosis. Akurit z kid tablet contains isoniazid, rifampicin and pyrazinamide as active ingredients. Tuberculosis is an infectious
disease usually caused by mycobacterium tuberculosis. It primarily affects the lungs but can also affect other body organs like lymph nodes, GIT (Gastrointestinal tract), GUT (Genitourinary tract), etc. Tuberculosis is characterised by cough with sputum for more than two weeks, fever, rise in temperature in the evening, weight loss, etc. (not all these symptoms may be present at the same time). Further, in kids, these symptoms may be altogether absent, which makes the diagnosis of this disease difficult in children. If a person with active tuberculosis is not put on treatment, they can further infect 15 to 20 people in a year. With a proper regimen, this disease is completely curable.
Uses of Akurit Z Kid Tablets
- Akurit z kid tablet is used for the treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis.
Contraindications of Akurit Z Kid Tablets
- Akurit z kid tablet has the following contraindications:
- If you are allergic to any of the active ingredients
- If you have severe liver dysfunction
- If you have severe kidney dysfunction
- If you are on antiviral medicine
Side effects of Akurit Z Kid Tablets
- Akurit z kid tablet has the following side effects:
- Pain in large and small joints
- Swelling in the joints
- Unusual tiredness
- Orange-red coloured urine
- Flushing of face
- Tingling and numbness of feet and hands
Precautions and Warnings of Akurit Z Kid Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are using any hormonal contraceptives, as this medicine, by virtue of its ability to break down the hormonal pills, can lead to contraceptive failure.
- You have compromised liver functions, as this medicine does affect your liver adversely.
- You are passing orange red-coloured urine. This is because of rifampicin in this medication. You do not need to worry, as this is normal.
- You are suffering from gout, as this medicine can worsen your condition further.
Mode of Action of Akurit Z Kid Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Akurit Z Kid Tablets
- Take the Akurit z kid tablet as per the advice of your doctor.
- Take it in the dose as prescribed strictly by your health care provider.
- Take this medication for as long as recommended. Do not stop it even if you feel better before the recommended period. Stopping it before the right time can lead to developing a very serious condition known as resistance. Once resistance develops, it becomes very difficult to treat this disease (in that case, you will be required to put on second-line antitubercular medication, which contains different medicines)...
- Swallow this medicine as a whole with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew it.
- Take it on an empty stomach.
- Do not have this medicine if the packaging has been damaged. Get a fresh one in such cases.
- Do not use it if the date of expiry has passed.
Interactions of Akurit Z Kid Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Hormonal contraceptives must be used with caution with the Akurit z kid tablet, which can lead to contraceptive failure.
- Warfarin interacts with Akurit z kid tablet (with rifampicin) in such a way that the chances of bleeding increase.
- The metabolism of oral hypoglycemic medicines increases by rifampicin, leading to failure of action.
Interactions with food items
- Some researchers recommend avoiding cheese and some types of beers while one is on treatment with this medicine.
- Cheese and some forms of beer contain a constituent known as tyramine.
- Isoniazid tends to inhibit some enzymes concerned with the breakdown of tyramine.
- As a result, the levels of tyramine go very high in the blood. They produce serious adverse effects like flushing of the face, respiratory distress and headache (possibly because tyramine increases blood pressure)....