Af 200mg Strip Of 1 Tablets
By SYSTOPIC LABORATORIES
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Af Tablet is an antifungal medicine containing Fluconazole. Af Tablet is used to treat fungal infections caused by various organisms of the skin, blood, urinary tract, mouth, throat and other parts of the body. Fluconazole acts by inhibiting the growth of the fungal cell wall, thus resulting in fungal cell death. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor at a fixed timing to gain optimal benefits. Pregnant and nursing women should not take this medicine. The most common side effects of this medicine are abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, headache, diarrhoea. However, these symptoms of side effects are temporary and go away on their own. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult with your doctor....
Uses of Af 200 MG
Af Tablet is used to treat fungal infections caused by various organisms.
Contraindications of Af 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Fluconazole or any other ingredients of Af Tablet.
- If you are taking medicines like Astemizole, Terfenadine, Cisapride, Pimozide, Quinidine, Erythromycin.
Side effects of Af 200 MG
- Increased liver enzymes
- Skin rash
- Liver damage (loss of appetite, vomiting, yellowing of your skin)
Precautions and Warnings of Af 200 MG
Can I take Af Tablet during pregnancy?
- Af Tablet should not be taken during pregnancy as it can cause potential harm to the unborn baby resulting in birth defects at high doses while threatened pregnancy at normal doses. Thus, it should be avoided during pregnancy....
- Inform your doctor if you get pregnant while on this medicine or think you may be pregnant. It is recommended to use contraception at least for one week even after stopping the medicine.
Can I take Af Tablet while breastfeeding?
Fluconazole in Af Tablet passes into the breastmilk. Breastfeeding can be continued after a single dose; however, if you are taking this medicine repeatedly or in high doses, breastfeeding is not recommended.
Can I drive if I have consumed Af Tablet?
You may experience dizziness or fits while taking Af Tablet. If you experience any of these, you should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Af Tablet?
Avoid excess alcohol while taking Af Tablet, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver disease or kidney diseases.
- You have heart diseases and irregular heart rhythm.
- You have abnormal electrolyte levels (potassium, calcium or magnesium) in your blood.
- You have severe skin reactions.
- You have adrenal insufficiency (a condition where the adrenal gland does not produce sufficient steroid hormone).
Mode of Action of Af 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Af Tablet blocks the formation of the cell membrane of the fungus by inhibiting an enzyme. Thus, resulting in fungal cell death.
Directions for Use of Af 200 MG
Af Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Af 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Serious interactions - Terfenadine, Voriconazole, Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Ranolazine, Lomitapide, Donepezil, Pimozide and Quinidine. Never take Fluconazole with these medicines. When used with Fluconazole, these medicines can cause a life-threatening heart rhythm condition (torsades de pointes)....
- Medicines used as an anaesthetic like Alfentanil, Fentanyl.
- Medicines used to treat depression like Amitriptyline, Nortriptyline.
- Blood thinners like Warfarin.
- Medicines for anxiety, like Benzodiazepines (Midazolam, Triazolam).
- Medicines to treat fits like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine.
- Medicines for high blood pressure like Nifedipine, Isradipine, Amlodipine, Felodipine and Losartan.
- Medicines used for treating ovarian cancer (Olaparib).
- Medicines used to prevent an organ transplant rejection like Ciclosporin, Everolimus, Sirolimus or Tacrolimus.
- Medicines used for treating cancer (Vincristine, Vinblastine).
- Medicines used for reducing high cholesterol level (Atorvastatin, Simvastatin, and Fluvastatin).
- Medicines for treating pain and inflammation like Celecoxib, Flurbiprofen, Naproxen, Ibuprofen.
- The effect of contraceptive pills might be reduced. The addition of a barrier form of contraception is needed.
- Medicines for HIV (Saquinavir).
- Medicines to control diabetes like Chlorpropamide, Glibenclamide, Glipizide or Tolbutamide.
- Medicines to control asthma (Theophylline).
- Medicines for treating rheumatoid arthritis (Tofacitinib).
- Medicines to treat cystic fibrosis (Ivacaftor).
- Diuretics like Hydrochlorothiazide.
- Medicines used to treat irregular heartbeats (Amiodarone).
Storage and disposal of Af 200 MG
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Af 200 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose of Af Tablet may include feeling or seeing things that are not real (hallucination and paranoid behaviour).
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using Af Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are sexually active and discuss effective contraception methods.
- Af Tablet can make your oral contraceptive pills work less efficiently.
- Hence if you are on this medication, then use barrier methods of contraception like condoms.
Q: I have cough, cold, flu, can I take Af Tablet?
A: No, flu mostly occurs due to viruses. Af Tablet works against fungus and not viruses. Take it only if it is prescribed by your doctor for the complete duration of treatment.
Q: What is Af Tablet used for?
A: Af Tablet is used to treat fungal infections of the skin, mouth, throat, urinary tract and various other parts of the body such as fingernails and toenails caused by various organisms.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.