2some 200/500 Mg Tablet 10
By PALSONS DRUGS & CHEMICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Non ReturnableRead More
2some 200/500 Mg Tablet 10 contains a combination of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole, an antibiotic.
Uses of 2some 200/500 Mg Tablet 10
- To treat diarrhoea of mixed infection found only in adults
Contraindications of 2some 200/500 Mg Tablet 10
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy)
- If you have problems related to tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis)
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding
- If your age is less than 18 years
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency
Side effects of 2some 200/500 Mg Tablet 10
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Sleep disturbance
- Disturbance in attention
- Altered mental state
- Stomach ache
- Low blood sugar if you have diabetes and on medicines or insulin
- Tendon disorders like tendon rupture(serious)
Precautions and Warnings of 2some 200/500 Mg Tablet 10
Can I take 2some 200/500 Mg Tablet 10 during pregnancy?
- It is preferable to avoid 2some 200/500 Mg Tablet 10 if you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant or are planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor
Can I take 2some 200/500 Mg Tablet 10 while breastfeeding?
It can pass into human breast milk and can harm your child. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed 2some 200/500 Mg Tablet 10?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness, visual disturbance, poor coordination, vertigo, temporary loss of consciousness, rigidity or impairment of skills. It is advisable not to drive if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with 2some 200/500 Mg Tablet 10?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen the side effect like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you feel strain/ pain on tendons (tendinitis), immediately stop this medicine, do not move the joint and inform your doctor immediately
- If you are experiencing continuous or bloody diarrhoea
- If you have diabetes, your blood glucose can drop when you are on this medicine
- If you have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can worsen it
- If you experience suicidal thoughts, immediately inform your doctor
- If you experience fits or have a history of fits
- If you feel restlessness, lightheadedness, confusion or hallucinations
- If you feel allergic reactions like fever or rashes
- If you have kidney problem or heart problem
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells)
Mode of Action of 2some 200/500 Mg Tablet 10
How Does It Work?
Ofloxacin works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria and Ornidazole kills the bacteria.
Directions for Use of 2some 200/500 Mg Tablet 10
Take this medicine as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of 2some 200/500 Mg Tablet 10
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like Sucralfate, antacids containing calcium and magnesium should not be taken two hours before or after this medicine
- Medicines used to treat a certain type of stomach ulcers like Cimetidine
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAID's) can increase the chance of fits
- Medicines used to treat asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) like Theophylline
- Increased chances of bleeding if taken along with Warfarin
- Blood sugar can drop if you are on insulin, Glibenclamide and thus careful monitoring of blood glucose is needed
- Medicines used to treat depression like Lithium
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (antiepileptic) like Phenytoin and Phenobarbital
Interactions with food items
- Food does not affect the way this medicine works. It can be taken with food.
Storage and disposal of 2some 200/500 Mg Tablet 10
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place
- Protect it from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of 2some 200/500 Mg Tablet 10
- Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, hot and cold flushes, nausea, dizziness, facial swelling, numbness, slurring of speech and disorientation
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I avoid while taking this medicine?
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight
- Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn
- Avoid dehydration by having plenty of fluids
Q: For how many days do I need to take this medicine?
- Take this medicine as per your doctor's prescribed duration. Though you may feel better after a few doses, you must complete the course or the infection may reoccur.
Last Updated on: 30 Jun 2020 | 06:39 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
OUR PAYMENT PARTNERS
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved