Pregabalin+Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin
Pregabalin+Methylcobalamin is a combination medicine. It is used for the treatm
ent of neuropathic pain (a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli). Methylcobalamin is a form of vitamin B12. Pregabalin+Methylcobalamin is available in the form of tablet, capsule. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting pregabalin+methylcobalamin.
Uses of Pregabalin+Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin
Pregabalin+Methylcobalamin is used for the treatment of neuropathic pain.
Contraindications of Pregabalin+Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin
When should one not use Pregabalin+Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin
If you are allergic to pregabalin, methylcobalamin or similar medicines.
Side effects of Pregabalin+Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin
Common side effects of this drug are:
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Pregabalin+Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin
Can I take pregabalin+methylcobalamin during pregnancy?
It is not advised to take pregabalin+methylcobalamin during pregnancy until it is considered essential by the doctor and potential risks justify the benefits.
Can I take pregabalin+methylcobalamin while breastfeeding?
Pregabalin+Methylcobalamin is not recommended for use while breastfeeding, consult your doctor before using it.
Can I drive if I have consumed pregabalin+methylcobalamin?
Pregabalin+Methylcobalamin may make you feel drowsy and dizzy, thus you need to be cautious while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with pregabalin+methylcobalamin?
Avoid consuming alcohol with pregabalin+methylcobalamin, as it may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart
- You have a history of fits
- You are getting any suicidal thoughts
- You experience dizziness, sleepiness, vision problems
- You experience muscle weakness, pain, discomfort
- You develop any allergic reactions
Mode of Action of Pregabalin+Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin
How Does It Work?
- Pregabalin works by reducing the release of a chemical (neurotransmitter) in the brain responsible for the sensation of pain.
- Methylcobalamin helps in the formation of nerve cells and regeneration of damaged nerves.
Interactions of Pregabalin+Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way pregabalin+methylcobalamin works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, psychiatric illnesses, diabetes.
Dosage of Pregabalin+Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin
Seek urgent medical help if you suspect an overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of pregabalin+methylcobalamin, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: In which all dosage forms is pregabalin+methylcobalamin available?
A: Pregabalin+Methylcobalamin is available in the form of tablet, capsule.
Q: What is neuropathic pain?
A: Neuropathic pain is an abnormal painful condition that is associated with nerve damage in the brain.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 October 2021]
- LYRICA (pregabalin) Capsules, CV, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 13 October 2021]
- Alzain 25 mg Capsules, Hard - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 October 2021]
- Alzain 25 mg Capsules, Hard - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 October 2021]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Medicines containing Pregabalin+Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin
PRENERV M STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
By QUIXOTIC PHARMA PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock