Zytanix 2.5mg Tablet
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zytanix 2.5 tablet is a water pill that helps in removing excess water from your body through frequent urination and helps in reducing blood pressure and swelling which is caused by water retention. I
t contains metolazone as the active medicine that works by increasing the urinary output of excess salt and water. High blood pressure is a critical health condition and it is very important to take your anti-hypertensive medicines on time along with adequate dietary and lifestyle modifications. Take this medicine in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own....
Uses of Zytanix 2.5mg Tablet
- Zytanix 2.5 tablets for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- For the treatment of heart, kidney and liver-related health conditions associated with oedema or fluid retention.
Contraindications of Zytanix 2.5mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to metolazone or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are having difficulty in Urination (anuria).
- Severe disorder of liver leading to loss of consciousness (Hepatic coma, Precoma).
Side effects of Zytanix 2.5mg Tablet
- Dizziness on standing up suddenly from a lying position
- Drop-in Blood Pressure
- Feeling sick
- Muscle weakness, cramps
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Zytanix 2.5mg Tablet
Can I take the Zytanix 2.5 tablet during pregnancy?
The safety of this medicine is not established in pregnancy and hence is considered unsafe. Consult your doctor if you become pregnant while taking this medicine.
Can I take the Zytanix 2.5 tablet while breastfeeding?
Zytanix 2.5 tablets should not be given to breastfeeding mothers as its components pass into the breastmilk and can harm the newborn baby. Take this medicine only if considered essential by your doctor and in such a case breastfeeding is usually discontinued for that period.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Zytanix 2.5 tablet?
Zytanix 2.5 tablets can make you feel dizzy. Drive only if you are feeling comfortable and well oriented.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zytanix 2.5 tablet?
Alcohol consumption can make you dizzier and can lead to excessive low blood pressure. Avoid alcohol with the Zytanix 2.5 tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from a severe liver disorder.
- You are diabetic, then this medicine can increase your blood sugar levels. Regular monitoring of blood sugar levels may be needed.
- You feel very weak or dizzy, muscle pain or cramps.
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly.
- You have pain in joints, inform your doctor and get uric acid levels checked.
- Your doctor may advise you to test electrolyte (sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium) levels.
- You have difficulty in passing urine.
- Tell your doctor about any other medicines or herbal preparations that you have been taking.
Mode of Action of Zytanix 2.5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Metolazone reduces the reabsorption of sodium salts from your kidneys. Decreased sodium reabsorption leads to the elimination of more water and salts such as sodium, potassium through frequent urinati
on. Elimination of more water leads to lowering of blood pressure and reduction in swelling caused due to certain disorders of the heart and kidneys....
Directions for Use of Zytanix 2.5mg Tablet
- Swallow the Zytanix 2.5 tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- This medicine can be taken after meals or as directed by your doctor.
- Take this medicine preferably during morning hours to avoid sleep disturbance due to frequent urination at night.
Interactions of Zytanix 2.5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of the Zytanix 2.5 tablet, taken at the same time. Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....Read more
- Concomitant use of the Zytanix 2.5 tablet with Lithium (medicine for some mental conditions) should be avoided, as it can cause Lithium toxicity.
- Concomitant use with other blood pressure medicines like furosemide should be avoided unless needed; as it can lead to excessive lowering of blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Zytanix 2.5mg Tablet
- This medicine should be stored away from direct sunlight at a temperature below 30ºC.
- Store it in the original package out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zytanix 2.5mg Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose may include dizziness, confusion, loss of orientation, drop in blood pressure, weakness, unconsciousness. If you have taken more than the prescribed dose of this medicine, then
contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do n
ot take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take the Zytanix 2.5 tablet?
A: Do not stop taking the Zytanix 2.5 tablet unless your doctor advises you. If you suddenly stop taking medicines, then it can lead to a sudden increase in your blood pressure, which can be very dangerous. The doctor will gradually decrease the dose as per the body's needs.
Q: What precautions should I follow to control my high blood pressure?
A: Consult a doctor and follow his prescription. Restrict salt intake in your diet. Follow a low carb, low-fat diet. Brisk walking for 30- 40 minutes every day shall help.
Q: I am a diabetic patient. What precautions should I follow while taking the Zytanix 2.5 tablet?
A: Zytanix 2.5 tablets can lead to a rise in your blood sugar levels. Regular monitoring of blood sugar is needed, along with this medicine. Your doctor may adjust the dosage of your medicines for diabetes accordingly.
Q: When should I consume the Zytanix 2.5 tablet?
A: Zytanix 2.5 tablets should be taken as advised by your doctor. It is given mostly during morning hours so that your sleep is not disturbed by frequent urination at night.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 02 Aug 2021 | 01:28 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved