Zylopred Eye Drops 5ml
Zylopred Eye Drops 5ml Description
Zylopred Ophthalmic Suspension is a combination medicine containing Loteprednol, a steroid and gatifloxacin which is an antibiotic. It is used for the treatment of conditions of the eye after an eye
operation and which are associated with swelling and bacterial infections of the eye or where there are chances of bacterial infections of the eye. Loteprednol is a steroid that acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substances, i.e. prostaglandins which are responsible for itching, swelling and redness. Gatifloxacin works by killing the microorganisms responsible for the infection of the eye. Pain or irritation of eyes, change in taste sensation, burning sensation at the instillation site, dry eyes are some of the side effects of using this medicine.
|You Save||₹41.49 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Loteprednol(0.5 %) + Gatifloxacin(0.3 %)|
|Therapy||OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
- Lotegate Eye DropsBy Ajanta Pharma Limited5ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 199.00₹ 171.1427.2% CHEAPER₹ 34.23/Millilitre
Uses of Zylopred Eye Drops 5ml
Contraindications of Zylopred Eye Drops 5ml
- If you are allergic to Loteprednol, Gatifloxacin or any of the other ingredients of Zylopred Ophthalmic Suspension.
- If you have a mycobacterial infection of the eye.
- If you have a fungal infection of the eye.
- If you have a viral infection of the eye.
- If you have an amoebic infection of the eye.
- If you have redness in the eyes due to an unknown cause.
Side effects of Zylopred Eye Drops 5ml
- Pain or irritation of the eyes
- Change in taste sensation
- Burning sensation at the instillation site
- Dry eyes
- Discharge from the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Itching in the eyes
- Foreign body sensation in the eyes
- Watering of the eyes
Precautions and Warnings of Zylopred Eye Drops 5ml
Other General Warnings
- You have swelling of the face or throat, difficulty in breathing, rash, itching after using these drops.
- You have a serious problem called Steven Johnson syndrome which can affect the skin, eyes, etc.
- You are using Zylopred drops for a longer duration.
- Your eye pressure increases or you have vision problems after using this drop.
- You have a blurring of vision.
- You have irritation of the eyes.
Mode of Action of Zylopred Eye Drops 5ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zylopred Eye Drops 5ml
- Use Zylopred Ophthalmic Suspension as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully & do not miss doses. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying this medicine....
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops as recommended.
Interactions of Zylopred Eye Drops 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Zylopred Eye Drops 5ml
- Store it at a temperature less than 25°C in a cool and dry place. Do not freeze.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zylopred Eye Drops 5ml
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What instructions should I follow while using the zylopred eye drops?
- Do not use this drop for a long time (more than the prescribed duration).
- Check your eye pressure after 10 days of regular use.
- If you have contact lenses remove them before eye drop instillation and wait for 15 days after the instillation of drops.
- This drop should be used only after a doctor’s advice.