Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
By FDC LIMITED
5ml Eye/Ear Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml Description
Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml contains a combination of two medicines, Dexamethasone (steroid) and Ciprofloxacin (antibiotic). It is used to treat inflammation and swelling in the eyes after surgery or o
peration; It is also used to treat bacterial infections of the eye. Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic medicine that works by inhibiting certain enzymes responsible for bacterial replication. Dexamethasone is a steroid, which works by reducing the swelling and inflammation by inhibiting the production of natural substances in the body. You should complete the course of treatment and do not stop on your own without informing your doctor.
|You Save||₹1.70 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Dexamethasone(0.1 %) + Ciprofloxacin(0.3 %)|
|Therapy||OCCULAR OR OTIC ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Check more medicines with composition as Dexamethasone(0.1 %) + Ciprofloxacin(0.3 %)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
- Ciplox D E/e DropsBy Cipla Limited10ml Eye/Ear Drop in BottleMRP 21.95₹ 17.56₹ 1.76/Millilitre
Uses of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml is used to treat inflammation and swelling in the eyes after surgery or operation and to treat bacterial infection of eyes.
Contraindications of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
- If you are allergic to ciprofloxacin, dexamethasone, or any other component of the medication.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to similar ointments like Norfloxacin and other Quinolones.
- If you are suffering from an eye infection which affects your cornea and caused by Herpes simplex virus.
- If you are suffering from a fungal or viral or infection of the eye.
Side effects of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
- Redness and watery eyes
- Blurred vision
- Visual disturbances
- Dryness in eye
- Eye pain
- Sensation of foreign particles in eyes
- Swelling in eye
- Increased sensitivity to light
Precautions and Warnings of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
Can I use Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml during pregnancy?
Components of this medicine are known to be unsafe during pregnancy. Hence, Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml should be avoided during pregnancy until needed.
Can I use Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the safety of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml in lactating women. Perhaps the steroid present in this medicine can get systemically absorbed and cause a potential risk to the foetus. A doctor should therefore decide on whether to discontinue the breastfeeding or the medicine after accessing the potential benefits over risk.
Can I drive if I have applied Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml?
This medicine may affect your vision and ability to see objects. Avoid driving immediately after applying this ointment.
Can I consume alcohol with Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml?
No information is available on the interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. However, it is advisable to refrain from excessive consumption of alcohol as it may delay recovery after surgery or from an infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are experiencing tension in your eye or glaucoma.
- You are expected to take this medicine for a longer duration.
- You experience any other infection while you are using this medicine.
- You have developed a fungal infection of cornea upon prolonged use.
- The steroid present in Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml can mask the symptoms of other infections.
- Eye pressure should be monitored every 10 days.
- You are experiencing visual disturbances, blurred vision, and other eye-related problems (cataract).
- Do not wear contact lenses if there are signs and symptoms of bacterial conjunctivitis.
Mode of Action of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
How Does It Work?
- Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by inhibiting the enzyme in the bacterial cell responsible for replication, growth, and repair of bacteria, thus inhibits bacterial growth.
- Dexamethasone is a steroid. It works by suppressing the inflammatory response by blocking the action of inflammatory mediators. It helps in reducing the swelling and inflammation.
Directions for Use of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
- Use Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml as advised by your doctor
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using this medicine
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze after application
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper, and you must keep the dropper clean
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue
- Check for the colour of the solution
- Avoid using if it has changed colour or has become cloudy
Interactions of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains Ciprofloxacin & Dexamethasone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- This medicine is for application in the eye, which makes it less likely to interact with any other medicine. If you are prescribed any other topical medication, then discuss it with your doctor.
- There are rare chances of its systemic absorption from eye application yet, you should be cautious if you are taking Cyclosporin, Theophylline, caffeine, and oral medicines to thin the blood like Warfarin....
Storage and disposal of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
- Store in a cool and dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.
- You should not use the eye drops once the expiry date has passed, and you should discard it properly.
- You should not use the medicine if you notice that the colour of the content is different or particles are present.
Dosage of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
As Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml are meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed using Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml, then instil the drops as soon as you remember if the next installation is more than 4 hours later.
- If it is almost time for the next installation, then skip the missed dose and instil the drops at the time of the next dose as planned.
- Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml in viral infections?
A: The Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml contains an antibiotic - Ciprofloxacin, which acts on bacteria. It is not active against viruses. Hence, it should be avoided in viral infections. Also, it contains a steroid that needs to be avoided in viral infections.
Q: What should I do in case there is burning, redness, or watering of eyes?
A: Stop the use of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml, wash your eyes with water, and reach a nearby hospital, or contact your doctor for further evaluation and management.
Q: What does Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml contain?
A: Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml contains ciprofloxacin, an antibiotic, and dexamethasone, a steroid that suppresses the inflammatory response.
Q: What are the uses of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml?
A: Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 5ml is used for the treatment of the postoperative inflammatory condition of eyes.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed