Zolent Plus Tablets
Zolent Plus Tablets Description
Zolent plus tablet is a prescription drug for treating anxiety disorder. It combines two active ingredients: Alprazolam 0.25 mg and propranolol 10 mg. Alprazolam belongs to the class of benzodiazepin
es that functions by balancing the brain’s chemical substances that slow down brain activity and relax the overworked nervous system. Propranolol is a beta-blocker, which reduces the strain on the heart and blood vessels. Anxiety in mood disorders occurs due to overstimulation of the nerves. The proper dosage of the Zolent plus tablets helps in relieving these symptoms. It also reduces heart rate and blood pressure in patients suffering from anxiety. Take this medication in the exact dose prescribed by the doctor as it can cause various adverse effects like drowsiness, fatigue etc. Dosage is also essential for Zolent plus tablets, as it has high habit-forming potential. Take this medicine at the same time every day, as it helps maintain a constant dose in the body. Do not stop taking this medicine as it can cause withdrawal symptoms like cramps, sweating, vomiting, tremors, etc. It should be slowly tapered. This medication can cause suicidal tendencies.
|You Save||₹4.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Alprazolam(0.25 Mg) + Propranolol(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Lightheadedness, Blurred speech, Drowsiness, Fatigue, Weakness, Slow heart rate|
Uses of Zolent Plus Tablets
- Zolent plus tablet is used to manage the symptoms of anxiety disorder, panic attack, and panic disorder.
Contraindications of Zolent Plus Tablets
- If you’re allergic to any elements of the Zolent plus tablet.
- If you are taking other medications with similar ingredients to this medicine, it can cause an overdose.
- If you have obstructive respiratory conditions like asthma, this medicine worsens the condition.
- If you’ve been diagnosed with heart rhythm disorders or heart failure, the Zolent plus tablet will precipitate the conditions.
- If you have acute narrow-angle glaucoma, this medicine worsens the condition.
- If you are a child below 18 years of age, this medicine is contraindicated.
- If you’ve a history of drug or alcohol abuse, the Zolent plus tablet has high habit-forming potential.
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- If you have suicidal or other harmful thoughts.
Side effects of Zolent Plus Tablets
- Weight gain
- Blurred vision
- Slow heart rate
Precautions and Warnings of Zolent Plus Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are planning to get pregnant, inform your doctor.
- You have diabetes, then monitor your blood sugar levels, as the Zolent plus tablet can alter it.
- You are an athlete; this medicine should not be taken while participating in sports events.
- You are an elderly patient; the Zolent plus tablet increases the risk of sedation due to slower metabolism.
- You are taking any herbal or ayurvedic supplements like St john’s wort, herbal medicine that helps treat depression, as it can cause severe side effects.
- You are planning to have any medical or dental procedure.
- You have withdrawal symptoms like sweating, tremors, nausea, agitation, and confusion.
- You have a kidney or liver condition.
- You need to do something that requires steady focus; this medicine can cause difficulties with concentration.
Mode of Action of Zolent Plus Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zolent Plus Tablets
- Take the Zolent plus tablet in the dose exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you do not notice its effects.
- Take the tablet as a whole without breaking or chewing it with a glass of water.
- Do not use if the package has been opened.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medication, as it can have adverse effects.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
Interactions of Zolent Plus Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are taking antidepressant or mood-elevating medicines, when mixed with the Zolant plus tablets, it can cause adverse effects.
- The Zolant plus tablets can reduce the effectiveness of oral contraceptives or birth control pills.
- Do not mix Zolent plus tablets with other medicines that cause drowsiness, such as antihistamines, cough medicine, sleeping pills, and other sleep-inducing drugs, as it can cause exaggerated drowsiness, fatigue, etc....
Interactions with food items
- Avoid taking grapefruit and its juice. It may reduce the effect of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Zolent Plus Tablets
Dosage of Zolent Plus Tablets
- The Zolent plus tablet overdose can cause drowsiness, slow heartbeat, loss of consciousness, problems with coordination, confusion, difficulty speaking, liver problems, and seizures. If you overdose on this medicine and experience any of these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Zolent plus tablet if I am feeling better?
Q: Can I get dependency tendencies if I use the Zolent plus tablet?
Q: Can I gain weight while using the Zolent plus tablet?
- Alprazolam Propranolol Pharmacology [Internet]. Alprazolam Propranolol Pharmacology & Usage Details | Medicine India. [cited 2022 Jan 17]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Jan 17]. Available from:
- GJ; RCLFMJHPJMH. A controlled study of alprazolam and propranolol in panic-disordered and agoraphobic outpatients [Internet]. Journal of clinical psychopharmacology. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Jan 17]. Available from: