Zimig 250mg Tablet
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
7 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zimig Tablet is an antifungal medicine that contains Terbinafine as its active ingredient. This medicine is used to treat various types of fungal infections of the skin and nails, including ringworm.
Take this Tablet as prescribed and for the duration, it is prescribed for by your doctor. It can be taken with or without food. You may experience side effects like headache, nausea, vomiting while on treatment with Zimig Tablets. Report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. Before using Zimig Tablet, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Zimig 250mg Tablet
- Zimig Tablet is used in treating various types of fungal infections of the skin, hair, nails.
- This Tablet is also useful in treating Athlete's foot, Jock itch.
Contraindications of Zimig 250mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Terbinafine or any other ingredients of Zimig Tablet.
- If you are suffering from any liver problems.
Side effects of Zimig 250mg Tablet
- Decreased appetite
- Urge to scratch
- Joint and muscular pain
Precautions and Warnings of Zimig 250mg Tablet
Can I take Zimig Tablets during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Terbinaforce during pregnancy. Thus, consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting Zimig Tablet.
Can I take Zimig Tablets while breastfeeding?
It is not advisable to take Zimig Tablet during breastfeeding, as it can pass into breast milk, putting the infant at risk of the side effects. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Zimig Tablet?
Zimig Tablet can make you feel dizzy. Thus, avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Zimig Tablet?
There is no known interaction with alcohol and Zimig Tablet. However, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You do not feel your condition has improved even after taking Zimig Tablet.
- Do not change the dosage set by the doctor without consulting the doctor.
- Consult the doctor before stopping or extending the course of treatment.
Mode of Action of Zimig 250mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Zimig Tablet works by acting on the cell wall of the fungi, stopping its division and subsequently killing it.
Directions for Use of Zimig 250mg Tablet
- Zimig Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
- It should be taken in doses and frequency as prescribed by your doctor and should not be taken for a duration longer than prescribed.
Interactions of Zimig 250mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Zimig Tablet may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Zimig Tablet can react when taken with another ongoing antifungal medicine.
- A blood-thinning drug like warfarin is not to be taken along with Terbinafine.
- Medicines for controlling high blood pressure can hamper the effects of Terbinafine.
Interactions with food items
You should avoid caffeine and chocolate while on treatment with Zimig Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Zimig 250mg Tablet
- Zimig Tablets should be stored at room temperature in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Zimig 250mg Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose include dark stool or bloody urine, jaundice, sensitivity to heat, scaly skin with rashes and blisters and chest pain.
- Seek urgent medical help if you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken excess Terbinaforce Tablets.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Zimig Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a
double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What dose of Zimig Tablet is safe for children?
A: The dosage, if prescribed by the doctor, can be set only after examining the child's infection and condition.
Q: How long does it take for Zimig Tablet to leave an individual's body?
A: The average time is about a week.
Q: What will happen if I consume caffeine with Zimig Tablet?
A: Terbinafine can result in caffeine being trapped in the human body for an extended period, resulting in a prolonged effect of caffeine in the bloodstream leading to an increased heart rate.
Q: Can I take Zimig Tablet if I am using antifungal creams?
A: Probably yes, but consult the doctor before doing so.
Q: For how long should Zimig Tablet be used?
A: The tenure for the treatment can last from a few weeks to a few months, depending on the extent of the infection.
Q: How should I take Zimig Tablet?
A: You should take Zimig Tablet as advised by the doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water. Do not break, cut, or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
Q: Can Zimig Tablet be used for Jock itch?
A: Yes, Zimig Tablet can be used to treat Jock itch but use it only after consulting the doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 23 Mar 2021 | 11:48 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved