Zeemine 1.5mg Tablets
Zeemine 1.5 MG Description
Zeemine Tablet is used to treat dementia (inability to memorise) in a patient with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease. It contains rivastigmine as the active ingredient. Zeemine acts by improving th
e levels of a natural chemical substance in the brain responsible for brain function. Take Zeemine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration.
Uses of Zeemine 1.5 MG
- Used to treat dementia (inability to remember and communicate) in Alzheimer's (a degenerative brain condition which slows down and destroys the ability of the brain to remember and ability to think, learn, communicate and handle daily activities)....
- It is also used to treat dementia in Parkinson's disease (a brain condition resulting in slowing of movement, muscle weakness, shuffling walk and loss of memory).
Contraindications of Zeemine 1.5 MG
Side effects of Zeemine 1.5 MG
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Zeemine 1.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to this medicine.
- You experience any undesirable side effect after taking Zeemine.
- You have fluid loss or dehydration.
- You have liver, heart or kidney disease.
- You have a history of asthma or COPD.
- You have acidity.
Mode of Action of Zeemine 1.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zeemine 1.5 MG
- Zeemine Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. It can be taken before or after food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Zeemine 1.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Zeemine Tablet works or Zeemine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you take medicines like muscle relaxants, anaesthetics, blood pressure, heart failure, brain-related disorder and hormonal medicine.
Storage and disposal of Zeemine 1.5 MG
- Store Zeemine in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Zeemine 1.5 MG
- Overdose of Zeemine may cause decreased heart rhythm, low blood pressure, dizziness, sleepiness, tremors, etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, immediately contact your treating doctor or visit your nearby hospital. Always carry the package of the tablet along with you for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Zeemine?
Q: When should I take Zeemine Tablet?
- Rivastigmine Dr. Reddys 1.5 mg hard Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- Rivastigmine Dr. Reddys 1.5 mg hard Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]