Zanocin Oz Tablet
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zanocin Oz Tablet contains a combination of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole, an antibiotic. It is useful in treating various kinds of bacterial infections. You may experience nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, headache and loss of appetite on taking this medicine. These side effects are usually mild and short-lived. Please consult your doctor if you experience any other side effects. This medicine may also make you feel dizzy, thus it is advised not to drive after taking this tablet. Talk to your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine.
Uses of Zanocin Oz Tablet
- To treat diarrhoea of mixed infection found only in adults.
Contraindications of Zanocin Oz Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- If you have problems related to a tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Zanocin Oz Tablet
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
- A dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Sleep disturbance
- Disturbance in attention
- Altered mental state
- Stomach ache
- Low blood sugar if you have diabetes and on medicines or insulin
- Tendon disorders like tendon rupture (serious)
Precautions and Warnings of Zanocin Oz Tablet
Can I take the Zanocin Oz Tablet during pregnancy?
- It is preferable to avoid the Zanocin Oz Tablet if you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant or are planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby.
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Can I take the Zanocin Oz Tablet while breastfeeding?
It can pass into the breastmilk and can harm your child. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Zanocin Oz Tablet?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness, visual disturbance, poor coordination, vertigo, temporary loss of consciousness, rigidity or impairment of skills. It is advisable not to drive if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Zanocin Oz Tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen the side effect like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you feel strain/ pain in tendons (tendinitis), immediately stop this medicine, do not move the joint and inform your doctor immediately.
- If you are experiencing continuous or bloody diarrhoea.
- If you have diabetes, your blood glucose can drop when you are on this medicine.
- If you have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can worsen it.
- If you experience suicidal thoughts, immediately inform your doctor.
- If you experience fits or have a history of fits.
- If you feel restlessness, light-headedness, confusion or hallucinations.
- If you feel allergic reactions like fever or rashes.
- If you have kidney problems or heart problems.
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects the red blood cells).
Mode of Action of Zanocin Oz Tablet
How Does It Work?
Ofloxacin works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria and Ornidazole kills the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Zanocin Oz Tablet
Take this medicine as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Zanocin Oz Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like Sucralfate, antacids containing calcium and magnesium should not be taken two hours before or after this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat a certain type of stomach ulcer like Cimetidine.
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAID's) can increase the chances of fits.
- Medicines used to treat asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) like Theophylline.
- Increased chances of bleeding if taken along with Warfarin.
- Blood sugar can drop if you are on insulin, Glibenclamide and thus careful monitoring of blood glucose is needed.
- Medicines used to treat depression like Lithium.
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (antiepileptic) like Phenytoin and Phenobarbital.
Interactions with food items
- Food does not affect the way this medicine works. It can be taken with food.
Storage and disposal of Zanocin Oz Tablet
- Store this medicine in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zanocin Oz Tablet
- Symptoms of an overdose include drowsiness, hot and cold flushes, nausea, dizziness, facial swelling, numbness, slurring of speech and disorientation.
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one. It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of the therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I avoid while taking this medicine?
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- Avoid dehydration by having plenty of fluids.
Q: For how many days do I need to take this medicine?
- Take this medicine as per your doctor's prescribed duration. Though you may feel better after a few doses, you must complete the course or the infection may reoccur.
Q: Who should not take this tablet?
- Individuals who are allergic to the active ingredient. If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine, are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone. Those who have a history of fits (epilepsy), who have problems related to a tendon (a tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis), who are suffering from Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects the red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.read less
- This tablet is not recommended in women who are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding and children
- less than 18 years.
Q: Why did my doctor advise me to protect myself from the sun while taking this medicine?
- Zanocin Oz Tablet will increase your sensitivity to light, especially sunlight. Thus, it is advised that you avoid exposing yourself to the sun while taking this medicine. Use appropriate sunscreen and protective clothing and accessories while going out in the Sun.read less
Last Updated on: 26 Mar 2021 | 09:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved