Xylomist 0.1% Nasal Drops 10ml
By GERMAN REMEDIES LTD
10ml Nasal Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Xylomist 0.1 %W/V Description
Xylomist 0.1% nasal drops are used to relieve blocked nose (nasal congestion) caused due to various infections and allergies. It contains xylometazoline as its active component. Use it as directed by
Uses of Xylomist 0.1 %W/V
For quick relief of nasal congestion due to infections and allergies.
Contraindications of Xylomist 0.1 %W/V
- If you are allergic to xylometazoline, other decongestants or any other ingredients of Xylomist 0.1% nasal drops
- If you have glaucoma
- If you have any problems with your nose
- If you recently had a brain surgery
- If you have an enlarged prostate gland (in men)
- If you are suffering from a rare tumour called phaeochromocytoma
- If you are taking (or have stopped taking it in the last 2 weeks) certain medicines to treat your psychiatric illness (MAOIs)
- This medicine should not be used in children below 12 years of age
Side effects of Xylomist 0.1 %W/V
- Discomfort, irritation or dryness in the nose
Precautions and Warnings of Xylomist 0.1 %W/V
Can I use Xylomist 0.1% nasal drops during pregnancy?
Consult your doctor before using Xylomist 0.1% nasal drops during pregnancy as limited safety data is available
Can I use Xylomist 0.1% nasal drops while breastfeeding?
Consult your doctor before using Xylomist 0.1% nasal drops while breastfeeding as limited safety data is available
Can I drive if I have used Xylomist 0.1% nasal drops?
It is not expected that this medicine will affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol after using Xylomist 0.1% nasal drops?
There is no known interaction known between alcohol and Xylomist 0.1% nasal drops.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart or are suffering from a circulatory disorder
- You have diabetes or an overactive thyroid gland
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition
- Do not use this medicine for a longer duration than that recommended by the doctor.
Mode of Action of Xylomist 0.1 %W/V
How Does It Work?
Xylometazoline works by reducing the nasal secretions and constricting or narrowing the blood vessels in the nasal region thereby relieving the congestion.
Directions for Use of Xylomist 0.1 %W/V
- Use Xylomist 0.1% nasal drops as instructed by your doctor
- Follow all the directions carefully and do not miss any doses.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Shake the bottle well before use
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- In sitting posture, tilt your head back as far as possible or in lying down posture, the head can be tilted backwards or comfortably arched over the edge of the bed.
- With the bottle inverted over the affected nostril, allow sufficient time for the recommended drops to fall and spread inside the nose.
- Repeat the same steps while applying to the other nostril. Do not forget to replace the cap tightly after each use.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a napkin or tissue.
Interactions of Xylomist 0.1 %W/V
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way this medicine works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines such as monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors to treat your psychiatric illnesses
Storage and disposal of Xylomist 0.1 %W/V
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets
Dosage of Xylomist 0.1 %W/V
- Symptoms of overdose may include irritation and itching in the nasal area and reappearance of the congestion of the nasal airway region.
- If you think you have administered a higher dose of Xylomist 0.1% nasal drops contact your doctor or nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed use Xylomist 0.1% nasal drops, use it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are Xylomist 0.1% nasal drops a nasal decongestant?
A: Yes, Xylomist 0.1% nasal drops are a nasal decongestant
Q: What is the use of Xylomist 0.1% nasal drops?
A: Xylomist 0.1% nasal drops are used to provide quick relief from blocked nose caused due to infection to the nasal chambers, cold, and other respiratory allergies
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 July 2022]
- Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 July 2022]
- Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 July 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.