Wecure O Tablets
By DELCURE LIFESCIENCES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Wecure O Tablets Description
Wecure O Tab is a combination of Levofloxacin and Ornidazole, an antibiotic.
|You Save||₹8.57 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Levofloxacin(250.0 Mg) + Ornidazole(500.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Levofloxacin(250.0 Mg) + Ornidazole(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Wecure O Tablets
- For the treatment of diarrhoea of mixed infection in adult patients
Contraindications of Wecure O Tablets
- As this medicine contains Levofloxacin and Ornidazole, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to Fluoroquinolone or Nitroimidazole class of medicines
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy)
- If you have problems related to tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis)
- If your age is less than 18 years
- If you are pregnant, planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding
Side effects of Wecure O Tablets
- Lack of sleep
- Headache and dizziness
- Diarrhoea, vomiting and nausea
- Dry mouth
- Increased liver enzyme
- Skin reactions or numbness
- Taste disturbance
Precautions and Warnings of Wecure O Tablets
Can I take Wecure O Tab during pregnancy?
- It is unsafe to take this medicine in pregnancy
- Do not take Wecure O Tab if you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor
Can I take Wecure O Tab while breastfeeding?
Wecure O Tab can pass into human breast milk and can cause serious harm to your baby. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Wecure O Tab?
You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking this medicine. Caution is advised while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Wecure O Tab?
You should avoid drinking excessive alcohol while taking this medicine as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you feel strain/ pain on tendons (tendinitis) and joints, immediately stop this medicine, do not move the joint much and inform your doctor immediately
- If you experience continuous or bloody diarrhoea
- If you have diabetes as your blood glucose can drop when you are on this medicine, close glucose monitoring is required
- If you have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can worsen it
- If you experience suicidal thoughts, immediately inform your doctor
- If you experience fits or have a history of fits
- If you feel restlessness, lightheadedness, confusion or hallucinations
- If you feel allergic reactions like fever or rashes
- If you have a kidney problem or heart problems like heart attack, very slow heart rate and salt imbalance
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells)
- If your age is 60 years or above
Mode of Action of Wecure O Tablets
How Does It Work?
Levofloxacin works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria and Ornidazole kills the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Wecure O Tablets
- Swallow the whole medicine with a glass of water
- Take this medicine after food
Interactions of Wecure O Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination...
- Medicines used to treat depression
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like Sucralfate, antacids containing calcium and magnesium should not be taken two hours before or after this medicine
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAID's) can increase the chance of fits
- Medicines used to treat respiratory diseases like Theophylline
- Immunosuppressant like Ciclosporin
- Medicines used to treat gout-like Probenecid
- Blood sugar can drop if you are on insulin or Glibenclamide. Careful monitoring of blood glucose is needed
- Increased chances of bleeding if taken along with Warfarin
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (antiepileptic) like Phenytoin and Phenobarbital
Interactions with food items
Food does not affect the way Levofloxacin works. However, this medicine also includes Ornidazole which should be taken after food. Hence, it is advised to take this medicine after food.
Storage and disposal of Wecure O Tablets
- Store this medicine below 30°C
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Wecure O Tablets
- If you take more medicine than prescribed, this medicine may cause confusion, dizziness, impairment of consciousness, fits and nausea
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of an overdose or rush to the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy
- If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of treatment.
Q: Any specific precaution I need to take while taking Wecure O Tab?
A: Avoid sun exposure when on treatment and atleast 48 hours after discontinuing the treatment. In case you have to go out, wear full sleeves clothes and cover yourself.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
CBD Oil for Pain: A Comprehensive Review on Its Effectiveness
Key Highlights: Introduction Lately, CBD oil has been in the limelight as a potential natural answer to various health concerns. These include many forms of pain relief. Extracted from the cannabis plant, CBD oil is praised for its possible healing effects without the mind-altering impacts often linked to marijuana. In this in-depth blog post, we
What Causes Queefing: Unraveling Myths and Understanding the Facts
Key Highlights: Introduction Think of queefing as just a release of gas from the vagina. It’s common and normal. It is experienced by many women. There’s no reason to feel embarrassed or worried about it. It’s not always a sign that something’s wrong. In this article, we’ll cover the topic thoroughly. We’ll talk about why
Why Do We Have Wisdom Teeth? Unraveling the Mystery with Science
Key Highlights: Introduction Wisdom teeth have long captivated researchers, dentists, and everyday people alike. Although these teeth often cause more harm than good, they continue to grow in most of us. In this article, we will explore the scientific reasons behind the existence of wisdom teeth, the evolution of human jaws and diets, potential issues
Benefits of Tongue Scraping: A Guide to Better Oral Health
Key Highlights: Introduction We can’t ignore the impact of oral health on our general well-being. We may be able to boost our oral health with simple practices like tongue scraping. Despite the routine brushing and mouth rinsing, cleaning the tongue often gets side-stepped. Let’s delve into why tongue scraping may be beneficial. We’ll discuss its
Benefits of Getting Off Birth Control: A Research-Based Overview
Key Highlights: Introduction The first pill to avoid having babies was formulated about in the early 20th century. Since then, birth control has become a common way to plan families. As of today, many options are available for family planning. People weigh the pros and cons of hormonal birth control as compared to these other
Mysterious Flu-like Illness Is Doing the Rounds in China: Here’s What You Should Know
Introduction Barely two years after the last great outbreak of COVID-19, China is once again in the news as reports of a respiratory illness that seems to be pneumonia are emerging from the country. Naturally, people are eager for details and governments are monitoring the situation. Who is falling sick in China, why is the
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.