Vorixim Cv Tablets
By VASU ORGANICS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vorixim Cv Tablets Description
Vorixim Cv Tab contains combination of Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid as an active ingredient. This is a higher antibiotic meant for the treatment of severe infections.
|You Save||₹28.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cefixime(200.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefixime(200.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)
7 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Vorixim Cv Tablets
- Zifi Cv 200mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 292.00₹ 248.20₹ 24.82/Tablet
- Mahacef Cv 200mg Strip Of 6 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 143.94₹ 122.35₹ 20.39/Tablet
- Omnix Cv 200mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 278.86₹ 237.03₹ 23.7/Tablet
- Milixim Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 261.00₹ 221.85₹ 22.19/Tablet
- Hifen Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Hetero Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 218.90₹ 218.90₹ 21.89/Tablet
- Kefclav 200mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 135.00₹ 116.10₹ 29.03/Tablet
- Ceftas Cv 200mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 289.00₹ 245.65₹ 24.57/Tablet
Uses of Vorixim Cv Tablets
Treatment of severe infections of urinary tract, lungs, throat and tonsil, skin or infections like typhoid fever or gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Vorixim Cv Tablets
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to Cephalosporin class of antibiotics
Side effects of Vorixim Cv Tablets
- Frequent or loose stool
- Stomach pain
- Stomach upset
- Skin rashes, itching
- Mouth ulcers
- Increase in liver enzyme
- Blood disorders
- Itching in the genital tract
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Vorixim Cv Tablets
Can I take Vorixim Cv Tab during pregnancy?
- The effect of this medicine on pregnant women is not yet studied
- Cefixime should not be used in pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor
Can I take Vorixim Cv Tab while breastfeeding?
- It is not known whether cefixime passes into human milk
- It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are taking this medicine
- If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch for diarrhoea in your baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Vorixim Cv Tab?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken this medicine as it can cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Vorixim Cv Tab?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine with alcohol. However, it is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have history of allergy to penicillins, cephalosporins
- You have a history of infection and swelling in the colon (colitis)
- You have a history of haemolytic anaemia (decreased red blood cells)
- You have blood clotting problem or you are taking any anticoagulant medicine
- You experience persistent diarrhoea
- You are suffering from kidney problems as Cefixime may worsen the condition
Mode of Action of Vorixim Cv Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Cefixime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell wall
- However, the bacteria can make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Cefixime
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme. This helps Cefixime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Vorixim Cv Tablets
This medicine should be consumed as a whole with sufficient amount of water.
Interactions of Vorixim Cv Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid; any interactions seen with these two components individually may occur with this combination
- This medicine can increase the levels of Carbamazepine (a medicine used for controlling fits or nerve pain), thus monitoring is required
- If you are taking blood thinners like Warfarin, there may be an increased risk of bleeding
- If you are taking birth control pills like oral contraceptives (O.C pills), caution is needed as this medicine interferes with their action
- If you are undergoing a glucose test (to detect the amount of glucose in the blood), false "positive reaction" may occur
- If you are undergoing a coombs test (to detect antibodies attached to red blood cells), false "positive reaction" may occur
Interactions with food items
Food does not affect the way this medicine works. It can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Vorixim Cv Tablets
- Store the medicine below 25°C
- Keep it in original packing in order to protect it from moisture
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Vorixim Cv Tablets
- If you are suffering from kidney problems and you take more of this medicine, brain damage (encephalopathy) may occur
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Q. For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You need to complete the full course of medicine, as per your doctor's prescription. If you stop it early, the infection may reoccur. Also, next time, the bacteria may not respond to this antibiotic as incomplete treatments can lead to bacterial resistance.
Q: Q. I have fever and cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.