Viscodyne D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Viscodyne D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup Description
Viscodyne D syrup is a cough and cold preparation. It contains chlorpheniramine and dextromethorphan as active substances. Chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic medicine and dextromethorphan is a coug
h suppressant. Viscodyne D syrup is used for temporary relief of cough due to throat irritation, sneezing, and running nose. You should avoid taking this syrup along with medicines used to treat your psychiatric illness, as it may worsen your condition. Viscodyne D syrup should be taken in the exact dose and duration as directed by the doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. It is not recommended to use this syrup in children below 2 years of age.
|You Save||₹19.58 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine Maleate(2.0 Mg/5ml) + Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg/5ml)|
|Uses||Cough, common cold|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Viscodyne D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Contraindications of Viscodyne D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- If you are allergic to chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan, or any other components of Viscodyne D syrup.
- If you are having or had medicines like sodium oxybate (used to prevent daytime sleepiness). If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- You should not take Viscodyne D syrup with or at least two weeks after the treatment with any medicine from class monoamine oxidase inhibitors like phenelzine or selegiline (used to treat mental illness or Parkinson's disease)....
Side effects of Viscodyne D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Precautions and Warnings of Viscodyne D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Other General Warnings
- You have a cough for a long duration with a lot of mucus (like asthma, emphysema, or smoking).
- You have an eye problem like glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You have difficulty in urination and frequent urge to go to urination (enlarged prostate).
- You have problems with your heart or liver.
- You have any breathing problems, high blood pressure, or fits.
- You are giving this medicine to young children or elderly people.
- Your cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache.
Mode of Action of Viscodyne D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
- Viscodyne D syrup contains a combination of chlorpheniramine and dextromethorphan as active substances.
- Natural substances like histamine released in our body are responsible for allergies, such as sneezing or runny nose. Chlorpheniramine blocks the effect of these substances and provides relief of symptoms of a common cold....
- There are specific areas in the brain called the cough center, which when activated, produces coughing. Dextromethorphan affects these areas and deactivates them, thus helping in relieving the coughing....
Directions for Use of Viscodyne D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Take Viscodyne D syrup as as directed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, or spoon for the quantity.
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Viscodyne D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Viscodyne D syrup works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Viscodyne D syrup should not be taken with medicines called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) like selegiline and phenelzine.
- This medicine should be used cautiously with other medicines like codeine and hydrocodone (used for cough) that cause drowsiness.
- Alcohol, marijuana, medicines to treat mental illness (alprazolam, lorazepam, zolpidem), muscle-relaxing medicines (carisoprodol, cyclobenzaprine), other antihistamine medicines (cetirizine, diphenhydramine) should be consumed with caution....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Viscodyne D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Store Viscodyne D syrup below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Protect it from moisture, sunlight, and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Viscodyne D Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Viscodyne D syrup if I am having a prostate problem?
- Patients suffering from prostate problems (benign prostatic hyperplasia) have symptoms like difficulty passing urine, frequent urge to go to for urination, and dribbling of urine. This medicine contains a medicine named Chlorpheniramine, which produces urine retention as a side effect. Therefore, taking this syrup with a prostate problem will worsen the condition. So it is advisable to talk to your doctor about your problem before using it....
Q: Can I use Viscodyne D syrup along with other medicines used to treat my psychiatric illness?
Q: Can Viscodyne D syrup be used in children?
Q: How long does it take for Viscodyne D syrup to show its action?
Q: Can I take Viscodyne D syrup if I have an eye problem?
Q: What is Viscodyne D syrup used for?
Q: Does Viscodyne D syrup cause sleepiness?
- Corex DX Cough syrup [Internet]. Pfizer; 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Cough and cold- chlorpheniramine maleate and dextromethorphan hydrobromide liquid [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine. National Institutes of Health; 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]