Vermisol 150mg Tablet
By KHANDELWAL LABORATORIES LTD
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vermisol 150 mg tablet is an anti-worm medicine. It contains levamisole as its active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of worm infections. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to it. T
his medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using the Vermisol 150 mg tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Vermisol 150mg Tablet
Vermisol 150 mg tablet is used for the treatment of worm infections.
Contraindications of Vermisol 150mg Tablet
If you are allergic to levamisole or any other ingredients of Vermisol 150 mg tablet.
Side effects of Vermisol 150mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Vermisol 150mg Tablet
Can I take Vermisol 150 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Please consult your doctor before using Vermisol 150 mg tablet during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women.
Can I take Vermisol 150 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Vermisol 150 mg tablet should not be used while breastfeeding as there is limited safety data available. Your doctor may prescribe an alternate medicine, especially while nursing a newborn or premature infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Vermisol 150 mg tablet?
Vermisol 150 mg tablet may make you feel dizzy and sleepy, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Vermisol 150 mg tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Vermisol 150 mg tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You develop an allergic reaction after using Vermisol 150 mg tablet.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
- You are breastfeeding.
- Do not use Vermisol 150 mg tablet for any other condition than that prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not miss any dose or consume it in excess.
Mode of Action of Vermisol 150mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Levamisole in Vermisol 150 mg tablet works by attaching to the muscle of the worms, paralyzes it and reduces their ability to multiply.
Directions for Use of Vermisol 150mg Tablet
Vermisol 150 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for o
ptimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Vermisol 150mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Vermisol 150 mg tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Especially if you are taking medicines like Ivermectin and Albendazole....Read more
Storage and disposal of Vermisol 150mg Tablet
- Store Vermisol 150 mg tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Vermisol 150mg Tablet
Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Vermisol 150 mg tablet.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Vermisol 150 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do
not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Vermisol 150 mg tablet?
A: Vermisol 150 mg tablet is used for the treatment of worm infections.
Q: How to take Vermisol 150 mg tablet?
A: Vermisol 150 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: How long to take Vermisol 150 mg tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Vermisol 150 mg tablet will depend on the response to treatment, thus take it for as long as prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Is Vermisol 150 mg tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, Vermisol 150 mg tablet is not an antibiotic, it is an antiparasitic medicine which is used to treat infections caused by worms (such as roundworm and hookworm).
Q: Does the Vermisol 150 mg tablet contain a steroid?
A: No, the Vermisol 150 mg tablet does not contain a steroid. It contains levamisole which is used to treat parasitic worm infections.
- Levamisole - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Levamisole: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Lactmed - Levamisole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
Last Updated on: 18 Jul 2021 | 07:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved