Ventidox Bro Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ventidox-Bro Tablet contains a combination of Ambroxol and Doxofylline. It is used for the treatment of respiratory problems such as asthma and COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) symptoms may include tightness in your chest, shortness of breath, wheezing and coughing. It helps in relaxing the muscles of the respiratory tract and also removes the cough/mucus from the airways. Avoid smoking and exposure to dust and pollution. You should take this medicine regularly as per your physician instructions. If you stop it earlier, your symptoms may worsen.
Uses of Ventidox Bro Strip Of 10 Tablets
It is used for the treatment of respiratory problems such as Asthma and COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
Contraindications of Ventidox Bro Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Ambroxol and Doxofylline or any of the ingredients of Ventidox-Bro Tablet.
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure or any heart problem.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Ventidox Bro Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Nausea, vomiting
- Indigestion, heartburn
- Stomach pain, bloating
- Dry throat or mouth
- Irregular heart rate, shortness of breath
- Lack of sleep
- High blood sugar level, excess of protein in the urine
Precautions and Warnings of Ventidox Bro Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Ventidox-Bro Tablet during pregnancy?
Ventidox-Bro Tablet is not recommended during pregnancy due to limited information available on its safety and especially during the first three months as the baby's organs and other parts form during this phase and it can impact the growth of the foetus. Take this medicine only if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Ventidox-Bro Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine pass in breastmilk. A breastfeeding woman should take this medicine only if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ventidox-Bro Tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Ventidox-Bro Tablet on driving. However, if you experience side effects like dizziness, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Ventidox-Bro Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine. Hence, it is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any heart disease.
- You have a liver or kidney problem.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or hyperthyroid.
- You are an elderly person and have a history of peptic ulcers.
- You are already taking medicines to treat fits and if you have a habit of smoking, as it may be required to increase the dose of this medicine.
Mode of Action of Ventidox Bro Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Ambroxol acts as a mucolytic agent. It works by loosening/thinning up the mucous in the respiratory passages and makes the mucus less sticky. Thereby helps in removing the cough out.
- Doxofylline is a bronchodilator that relaxes the muscles that surround the airways of the lungs and allows them to open up.
- Collectively these two medicines make breathing easier.
Directions for Use of Ventidox Bro Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Ventidox-Bro Tablet as instructed by your doctor.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to.
- Never stop the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Ventidox Bro Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Caution should be taken when certain antibiotics like Amoxicillin, Cefuroxime, lincomycin, clindamycin and Erythromycin are used concomitantly with Ventidox-Bro Tablet.
- Other medicines are allopurinol, phenytoin, caffeine, cimetidine, propranolol, anti-flu vaccines should be used cautiously.
- Ventidox-Bro Tablet may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
Storage and disposal of Ventidox Bro Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Ventidox-Bro Tablet as instructed by your doctor.
- Store it in original packaging to protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ventidox Bro Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose of Ventidox-Bro may include heart problems or sometimes fits. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Ventidox-Bro tablet take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Ventidox-Bro Tablet during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking Ventidox-Bro Tablet as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Q: Is Ventidox-Bro Tablet addictive?
A: Ventidox-Bro Tablet does not contain any substances reported to become habit-forming. However, it is advised that this medicine should not be used more than the prescribed time.
Last Updated on: 24 Feb 2021 | 06:50 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved