Ventab Xl 75mg Tablets
Ventab Er 75 MG Description
Ventab Xl is a medication used to treat depression and social anxiety disorder. It contains Venlafaxine as its active ingredient. Anxiety can be described as a socio-psychological disorder where the
patient has constant and deep feelings of worry, anxiety and fear, disrupting normal daily life activities. Clinical depression is characterised by a persistent feeling of sadness, mood swings and general loss of interest in most life activities. Ventab Xl comes as an oral tablet to be swallowed whole with water after meals. It belongs to a group of medicines known as Serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRI). It acts by increasing the amount of serotonin and norepinephrine, which are chemical messengers in the brain that make you feel good to help relieve symptoms of anxiety and depression. Ventab Xl is not prescribed for patients below 18 years of age. You should only take doses of Ventab Xl as per your doctor’s prescription. Do not stop the medicine abruptly as it may cause withdrawal symptoms. The common side effects of Ventab Xl include nausea, vomiting, and dizziness.
|Uses||Clinical depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, visual disturbances, dry mouth, sleep problems, loss of appetite, palpitations.|
Uses of Ventab Er 75 MG
- Ventab Xl is a prescription-only medication. It is essentially an antidepressant used to treat clinical depression.
- According to the USFDA, the uses of Ventab Xl include treating social anxiety disorder and panic attacks, combined with other medications.
- Some reported cases have also shown improvement in patients with migraine, bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
Contraindications of Ventab Er 75 MG
Side effects of Ventab Er 75 MG
- Ventab Xl can cause the following side effects:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurry vision
- Disturbances in sleep
- Dry mouth and loss of appetite
- Irregular bowel movements
- Ejaculation disorder
Precautions and Warnings of Ventab Er 75 MG
Other General Warnings
- Talk to your doctor if:
- You experience severe side effects or sustained side effects that worsen after taking this medication.
- You experience allergic reactions to Ventab XI.
- You’re on other medicines, before starting the Ventab Xl 75mg Tab.
Mode of Action of Ventab Er 75 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ventab Er 75 MG
- Ventab Xl is an oral tablet to be taken with water.
- Extended-release tablets should be taken whole.
- Do not chew, crush or bite.
- Ventab Xl is a prescription-only drug to be taken only on the advice and directions of your physician.
- The dose of the medication is to be decided by the doctor as per every individual medical profile.
- Ventab Xl is not advised to be taken on an empty stomach.
- It is not prescribed for patients below the age of 18.
Interactions of Ventab Er 75 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Ventab Xl 75mg Tab may interact with the following medicines:
- Aspirin, NSAIDs (anti-inflammatory painkillers) like Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Advil
- Kidney/liver disease medications.
- Weight loss medications.
- MOIAs (monoamine-oxidase inhibitors) like phenelzine, tranylcypromine, isocarboxazid, rasagiline, selegiline.
Interactions with food items
- Ventab Xl should be taken after meals.
Storage and disposal of Ventab Er 75 MG
Dosage of Ventab Er 75 MG
- Ventab Xl overdose can cause serotonin syndrome. Serotonin syndrome occurs when you have a high amount of serotonin circulating in your body. Some symptoms include shivering, diarrhoea, confusion, high blood pressure, muscle rigidity, and dilated pupils. In severe cases, it can prove fatal, so an immediate follow-up with your doctor is advised....
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Anuj Tiwari
MBBS, DNB Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Ventab Xl a strong antidepressant?
Q: Can Ventab Xl cause weight gain?
- A healthy lifestyle is always advised when you’re on medications meant for depression, as most of them tend to lead to some amount of weight gain.
- CDC. Venlafaxine during early pregnancy and birth defects [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2020 [cited 2022 Jan 27].
- Volpi-Abadie J, Kaye AM, Kaye AD. Serotonin syndrome. Ochsner J [Internet]. 2013 Winter [cited 2022 Jan 27];13(4):533–40.
- Venlafaxine: Paraesthesias: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2013 [cited 2022 Jan 27];1475(1):37–37.
- Venlafaxine 75 mg tablets [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Jan 27].