Ventab Xl 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ventab Xl 150 MG Description
Ventab XL tablet is a prescription medication. It is used to treat depression and anxiety. The active component of Ventab XL tablets is Venlafaxine (150 mg), an antidepressant that belongs to the cat
egory of serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) category. Depression is a condition that affects one’s mood. People with depression have decreased motivation, low mood, and loss of interest in activities that previously brought joy to them. They are plagued with feelings of hopelessness, occasionally accompanied by insomnia. Certain pathways in the brain are affected because of depression. Anxiety refers to feelings of increased fear and stress about everyday situations. It can be accompanied by an increase in heart rate, sweating, restlessness etc. There are different kinds of anxiety disorders, such as social anxiety disorder, generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorders etc. Anxiety can cause emotional and socio-personal problems if not managed effectively. Directions for use of Ventab XL tablets should be strictly followed. It is important that users periodically review with their psychiatrists for appropriate follow-up and titration of dose. Suddenly stopping Ventab XL tablets can result in the recurrence of symptoms. The tablets should be taken on a regular schedule for the entire duration of therapy.
|Uses||Depression, Anxiety disorders|
|Side effects||Nausea, Somnolence, Dry mouth, Sweating, Anorexia, Constipation, Sexual dysfunction (erectile dysfunction, abnormal ejaculation, and decreased libido)|
Uses of Ventab Xl 150 MG
- Ventab XL tablet is used in the treatment of:
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
Contraindications of Ventab Xl 150 MG
- Do not take Ventab XL tablets or use caution:
- If you develop hypersensitivity reactions to venlafaxine or other ingredients in this tablet. Ventab XL tablet is contraindicated.
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma; it can cause an increase in intraocular pressure (pressure inside the eyeball). Ventab XL tablet is contraindicated.
- If you are a child; the Ventab XL tablet is contraindicated for use in the paediatric age group.
- If you engage in suicidal ideation. This is relevant when used in children, adolescents, and young adults under 24.
- If you have an underlying seizure disorder; this medicine is known to precipitate convulsions.
- If you are diagnosed with bipolar disorder or have a history of mania; this medicine is not recommended as it can cause activation of mania.
- If you have any bleeding disorders; use caution as Ventab XL tablets can affect blood clotting.
- If you had a heart attack recently (myocardial Infarction) or underlying heart diseases and arrhythmias (rhythm abnormalities).
- If you have systemic hypertension (high blood pressure).
- If you have kidney or liver dysfunction; dose adjustment may be needed.
- If you have dyslipidaemias (high cholesterol levels).
Side effects of Ventab Xl 150 MG
- Side effects of Ventab XL tablets include:
- Dry mouth
- Increased sweating
- Loss of appetite
- Somnolence (sleepiness)
- Sexual dysfunction like erectile dysfunction and abnormal ejaculation
- Decreased libido
- Increase in blood pressure
- Increase in cholesterol levels
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Ventab Xl 150 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience worsening mood, new symptoms, or suicidal ideation while using this tablet.
- You have a history of seizure disorders.
- You had an episode of mania or have a family history of mania.
Mode of Action of Ventab Xl 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ventab Xl 150 MG
- Take Ventab XL tablets as prescribed by your doctor.
- Take Ventab XL tablets on a regular schedule, i.e., at the same time every day for optimal pharmacological effects to manifest.
- Take Ventab XL tablets for the entire period as prescribed by your doctor.
- It can take 2-4 weeks of continued use for the optimal onset of therapeutic benefits in users.
- Do not crush, break, or chew this tablet.
- Do not abruptly stop Ventab XL tablets as it may cause withdrawal effects and recurrence of symptoms. If you want to stop taking this tablet, talk to your doctor, so the dose can be gradually tapered before stopping....
- Take this tablet with food.
- Do not consume alcohol while using Ventab XL tablets.
Interactions of Ventab Xl 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Ventab XL tablets can interact with many medicines and cause adverse side effects. Inform your doctor regarding your regular medicine use at the time of prescription of venlafaxine.
- Concomitant use of Ventab XL tablets with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), or its use within 14 days of stoppage, is contraindicated as it leads to a fatal side effect called serotonin syndrome. Examples of MAOIs are selegiline and rasagiline, which are used to treat Parkinson’s disease....
- It is contraindicated to be used with other serotonin-increasing medicines (serotonergic medicines). Examples include other antidepressants, linezolid, methylene blue, triptans, lithium, and opioids.
- Ventab XL tablets should not be used with blood thinners (anticoagulants and antiplatelet medications) like aspirin, warfarin, NSAIDs, etc. This can increase the risk of bleeding.
- The concomitant use of Ventab XL tablets with Central Nervous System (CNS) depressants like alcohol, benzodiazepines, etc., is not recommended as it can worsen sedation and cause other neurological side effects....
- Concomitant use of venlafaxine with other medications that decrease seizure threshold is not recommended and can result in convulsions in the user.
Storage and disposal of Ventab Xl 150 MG
Dosage of Ventab Xl 150 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have been having performance issues in bed since I started using Ventab XL tablets. Should I stop taking it?
Q: I feel better after using Ventab XL tablets. Should I stop now that I feel better?
Q: I have been using this medicine for a week now and feel no different. Should I increase the dose?
- EFFEXOR XR® (venlafaxine extended-release) capsules [Internet] [cited 23 March 2022]
- Singh D, Saadabadi A. Venlafaxine. [updated 2021, Oct 14]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 [cited 23 March 2022]
- Venlafaxine 37.5 mg tablets: Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 March 2022]
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet] [cited 23 March 2022]