Vancotroy 500 MG Description
Vancotroy Injection is an antibiotic medicine that contains vancomycin as its active component. It is used for the treatment of severe bacterial infections associated with the lower respiratory tract
(e.g. pneumonia), skin and bones, infections of the valves or lining of the heart, including septicemia (blood poisoning by bacteria) caused by bacteria staphylococci. Vancotroy Injection is not to be used in viral infections like flu, cold, etc. It will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Vancotroy 500 MG
- Vancotroy Injection is effective against bacterial infections of bones, lung infections, skin and muscle (soft tissue) infections and infections of the valves or lining of the heart.
- It is also used in the treatment of enterocolitis (swelling in the lining of the small and large intestine) and bacterial septicemia (infection of the blood caused by bacteria).
Contraindications of Vancotroy 500 MG
- If you are allergic to vancomycin or any other ingredient of this injection.
- If you have a history of adverse effects after this medicine.
Side effects of Vancotroy 500 MG
- Drop in blood pressure
- Swelling in veins
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing with wheezing sound
Precautions and Warnings of Vancotroy 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- If you have difficulty in hearing or have a history of deafness treated with excessive doses, you are more prone to transient or permanent hearing loss. To prevent this risk, the doctor recommends periodic blood and hearing function tests....
- You are elderly, over 65 years old.
- You are allergic to any other medicine.
Mode of Action of Vancotroy 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Vancotroy 500 MG
- Vancotroy Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Vancotroy 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Vancotroy Injection may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- In particular, if you are taking any other antibiotic medicines like kanamycin, amikacin, anti-tuberculosis medicines like viomycin, anti-fungal medicines, anti-cancer medicines, muscle relaxants, etc....
Storage and disposal of Vancotroy 500 MG
- Store Vancotroy Injection at room temperature. Do not freeze it.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.