Valtoval 1gm Strip Of 3 Tablets
Valtoval 1000 MG Description
Valtoval Tablet contains Valaciclovir (or Valacyclovir) an antiviral medicine. It is used to treat viral infections like shingles, cold sores and genital herpes. Take this medicine exactly as directe
d by the doctor. You may experience side effects like headache, nausea, dizziness and sensitivity to light. These side effects usually go away with time, but if you feel your condition deteriorates, you should consult your doctor or visit the hospital. While on treatment with this medicine you need to drink plenty of water. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Valtoval 1000 MG
Contraindications of Valtoval 1000 MG
- If you are allergic to Valaciclovir or any other ingredients of Valtoval Tablet.
- If you have previously ever developed an allergic reaction or rash followed by fever, enlarged lymph nodes, increased liver enzymes and an increase in a type of white blood cells (eosinophilia) in your blood tests after taking Valaciclovir....
Side effects of Valtoval 1000 MG
- Stomach discomfort
- Skin rashes
- Light sensitivity
Precautions and Warnings of Valtoval 1000 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- You have a weak immune system.
- You develop flu-like symptoms, rash with fever, enlarged lymph nodes, elevated liver enzymes seen in your blood tests and an increase in eosinophilia (a type of white blood cells) after taking Valtoval Tablet. Immediately contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital....
- You have genital herpes (pain and blisters in private parts) or are taking Valtoval Tablet to treat it, you should avoid having intercourse or use proper protective measures, so as to prevent the passing of the infection to your partner....
- You need to drink a lot of water while you are on treatment with this medicine.
Mode of Action of Valtoval 1000 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Valtoval 1000 MG
- Valtoval Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- It can be taken with or without food. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions and do not exceed the dose of this medicine more than that recommended.
Interactions of Valtoval 1000 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Valtoval Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines like probenecid (used in treating gout), cimetidine (used in treating stomach problems like ulcers), mycophenolate mofetil (used in Crohn's disease), tenofovir (used in hepatitis B and to prevent and treat HIV/AIDS) should be used with caution along with this medicine....
- This medicine should be used with caution along with medicines that affect your kidneys like Amphotericin B, Cidofovir, Cisplatin, methotrexate, pentamidine, foscarnet, tacrolimus, etc.
Storage and disposal of Valtoval 1000 MG
- Store Valtoval Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Valtoval 1000 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Valtoval Tablet?
Q: How to take Valtoval Tablet?
Q: How long should I take Valtoval Tablet?
Q: Is Valtoval Tablet effective?
- Valtrex 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Valtrex 500mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]