Valparin Alkalets 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Valparin Alkalets 200 MG Description
Valparin Alkalets Tablet contains Divalproex sodium as its active ingredient. It is used to treat fits. It is also used to treat certain symptoms like mood swings and aggressiveness associated with B
ipolar disorder. This medicine is also used as a supportive treatment for migraine. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. This medicine should not be used in pregnant women and lactating mothers. You may experience side effects like headache, nausea, vomiting, shakiness, sleepiness, skin rashes while on treatment with this medicine. Most of them are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately.
|You Save||₹5.09 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Sodium Valproate(200.0 Mg)|
Uses of Valparin Alkalets 200 MG
Contraindications of Valparin Alkalets 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Divalproex sodium or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you or any of your family members have a history of liver problems.
- If you are suffering from a condition called urea cycle disorder.
- If you have an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- If you are suffering from a mitochondrial disorder (a genetic disorder).
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Side effects of Valparin Alkalets 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Diarrhoea, indigestion
- Tremor (shakiness)
- Tiredness, weakness
- Altered attention
- Weight gain
- Skin rashes, swelling, hair loss
- Menstrual cramps
- Double vision
- Blood disorders like low platelet count
Precautions and Warnings of Valparin Alkalets 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have suicidal thoughts, unusual changes in mood or behaviour, worsening depression. Immediately contact your doctor.
- Your convulsions have worsened.
- You have diabetes.
- You have gained a lot of weight.
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You are suffering from a pancreas problem like swelling or inflammation in the pancreas.
- You are suffering from a brain disease or any metabolic condition that is affecting your brain.
- You suffer from a condition known as urea cycle disorder.
- You are suffering from a long-term autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- You suffer from any mitochondrial disorder.
- You notice any serious allergic reaction or unwanted side effects after taking this medicine. Please contact your doctor or visit a nearby hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Valparin Alkalets 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Valparin Alkalets 200 MG
- Take Valparin Alkalets Tablet instructed by your doctor.
- This medicine should be swallowed whole and should not be crushed or chewed.
Interactions of Valparin Alkalets 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Valparin Alkalets Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Valparin Alkalets Tablet along with medicines like aspirin (pain killers), phenobarbital, carbamazepine (used in fits) may increase your chances of having side effects.
- Use of medicines like warfarin (blood thinners), Zidovudine (used in HIV infection), Temozolomide (used in cancer), selegiline, diazepam, quetiapine (used to treat your mental health), Propofol (used for anaesthesia) along with Valparin Alkalets Tablet may increase their effects....
- Concomitant use along with medicines like chloroquine (used in malaria), Cimetidine (used in stomach ulcers), ritonavir (used in HIV infection), rifampicin, meropenem (antibiotics), Cholestyramine (used to lower cholesterol) may alter the way this medicine works....
Storage and disposal of Valparin Alkalets 200 MG
- Valparin Alkalets Tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Valparin Alkalets 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Valparin Alkalets Tablet?
Q: Does Valparin Alkalets Tablet cause an addiction?
Q: How long to take Valparin Alkalets Tablet?
Other Products from this Brand
- VALPARIN CHRONO 300MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- VALPARIN CHRONO 500MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- VALPARIN 200MG DELICIOUS PINEAPPLE FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 200ML ORAL SOLUTION
- VALPARIN CHRONO 200MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- VALPARIN ALKALETS 200MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- VALPARIN ALKALETS 500MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- VALPARIN ALKALETS 500MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- VALPARIN PINEAPPLE FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 100ML ORAL SOLUTION
- VALPARIN BOTTLE OF 200ML SOLUTION
- VALPARIN BOTTLE OF 100ML SOLUTION