Valium 5mg Tablet
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Valium Tablet is a prescription medicine indicated for persons with anxiety, seizures, muscle spasms and alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Valium Tablet has diazepam as the main ingredient. Diazepam is a benzodiazepine that works by controlling the balance of certain chemicals in the brain. Valium Tablets can have various side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, tiredness and headache. Valium Tablets can only be taken with a doctor’s recommendation. It is important to continue the medicine as per the advised dose and duration. Discontinuing the medication abruptly can lead to rebound anxiety, wherein a person can have symptoms of anxiety that can be worse than before. It is important to report complete medical history to the doctor. The medicine is usually given for 8-12 weeks....
|You Save||₹2.86 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Anxiety, Seizures, Alcohol withdrawal symptoms, Muscle spasms|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Tiredness, Headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Diazepam(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Valium 5 MG
- Alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Muscle spasms
Contraindications of Valium 5 MG
- If you are hypersensitive or allergic to Diazepam
- If you have a muscular disorder like Myasthenia gravis
Side effects of Valium 5 MG
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Valium 5 MG
Can I take Valium Tablet during pregnancy?
Valium tablet is generally avoided in pregnancy. Please inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy. The doctor can advise the best according to your situation.
Can I take Valium Tablet while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding mothers should not take Valium as it can pass through the milk and might have harmful effects on the baby. Please inform the doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Valium Tablet?
Valium can induce sleep and drowsiness. Please do not drive after taking Valium to be safe.
Can I consume alcohol with the Valium Tablet?
Alcohol tends to increase the effects of drowsiness and dizziness. Hence drinking alcohol with Valium should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of liver, kidney, eye, muscular or mental disorders.
- You should report proper and detailed medical history and inform the doctor about any medication you are having currently.
- Valium tablets can cause dependence, and the dosage should not be exceeded. It is generally given for a maximum of 8-12 weeks.
- Stopping the medicine abruptly can lead to a phenomenon known as rebound anxiety; therefore, do not alter the dose without consulting the doctor.
- You should avoid driving or operating any machinery after taking a Valium tablet.
Mode of Action of Valium 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Valium Tablet has Diazepam as the active ingredient. Diazepam belongs to a group of medications known as benzodiazepines. Diazepam acts by controlling certain neurotransmitters in the brain that lead to a calming effect and hence help with the symptoms of anxiety....
Directions for Use of Valium 5 MG
- Valium Tablet should be taken only with a doctor’s recommendation. You can have the tablet with or without food.
- You should maintain a strict schedule and have the tablet at the same time every day.
- Valium tablet has to be taken orally with some water. It should not be manipulated by either crushing or breaking for use.
Interactions of Valium 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Valium Tablet can interact with other medicines-
- Phenobarbital (used for the treatment of seizures)- can increase the risk of increased sedation and respiratory depression
- Oxycodone, Aspirin (painkiller)- can increase the risk of habit formation
- Baclofen (muscle relaxant)- can increase the severity of sedation
- Isoniazid, Rifampicin (Anti-tuberculosis medicines)- can affect the metabolism of Valium
- Itraconazole, Fluconazole (Antifungal medicines)- can increase the potential effect of Valium
- Antacids- can decrease the efficacy of Valium
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit or grapefruit juice with Valium Tablet. It can increase the severity of side effects.
Storage and disposal of Valium 5 MG
Valium Tablet should be stored at room temperature and away from any source of direct heat or light. Valium tablets should not be placed in direct sunlight. You do not need to store the medicine in the refrigerator. Make sure to keep the medicine away from the reach of children and pets at home....
Dosage of Valium 5 MG
Valium Tablet should not be taken more than the advised dosage for any reason. Overdose can exhibit severe side effects like troubled breathing, severe drowsiness, fainting, and slow breathing. Never share a Valium tablet with someone you feel has the same symptoms as it might lead to overdose. Seek immediate help in case of overdose....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, try to take the next Valium tablet as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, please do not take the tablet and continue with the previous schedule. Consider setting an alarm if you tend to forget to take the tablet quite often....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Valium Tablet habit forming?
A: Yes, Valium tablet has a high potential for dependence. Please take medicine as per the doctor’s recommendation only.
Q: I feel my vision is a little unclear; what should I do?
A: Valium Tablet can exhibit certain side effects, blurred vision being one of those. Kindly visit the doctor immediately.
Q: I am taking a calcium supplement as told by my doctor. Can I take valium?
A: Please inform your doctor about any supplement you are taking beforehand. The doctor will advise the best for you.
- Diazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 22 February 2022]. Available from
- NHS. (n.d.). NHS choices. Retrieved February 22, 2022, from
- Diazepam tablets BP 5mg [Internet]. Diazepam Tablets BP 5mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc). [cited 2022Feb22]. Available
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.