Ultragin Injection 30ml
By PFIZER LTD
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ultragin Injection 30ml Description
Ultragin Inj 30ml contains paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen. It belongs to a group of medicines called Analgesics (painkillers) or Antipyretic (medicines used to reduce fever).
|You Save||₹3.87 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Paracetamol
Uses of Ultragin Injection 30ml
- Periods pain
- Joint pain
- Flu-like symptoms
Contraindications of Ultragin Injection 30ml
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are taking any other product that contains paracetamol
Side effects of Ultragin Injection 30ml
- Skin rash
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swollen face or a runny nose
- Immune disorders where blood doesn't clot properly (thrombocytopenic purpura)
- High number of methemoglobin (form of haemoglobin containing iron), known as methaemoglobenaemia
- Low number of white blood cells (agranulocytosis)
Precautions and Warnings of Ultragin Injection 30ml
Can I take Ultragin Inj 30ml during pregnancy?
It can be taken in pregnancy as there are no side effects in recommended doses; however, consult your doctor on the use of this medicine before taking.
Can I take Ultragin Inj 30ml while breastfeeding?
Paracetamol passes into breastmilk in small amount. This medicine can be used during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ultragin Inj 30ml?
Paracetamol is not likely to affect your ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Ultragin Inj 30ml?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment, as it may cause liver damage especially more than three alcoholic drinks per day.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver or kidney disease
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol, taking too much of the same can cause liver damage
- You are alcoholic or are suffering from chronic malnutrition
Mode of Action of Ultragin Injection 30ml
How Does It Work?
There are some chemicals in the body called prostaglandins. These are substances that cause pain, swelling, fever. Ultragin Inj 30ml contains paracetamol which blocks the production of these prostaglandins, thus temporarily controlling fever or pain. It acts on the area of brain which is responsible for controlling temperature. Thus, it controls the fever....
Directions for Use of Ultragin Injection 30ml
- This medicine will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Ultragin Injection 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone
- Medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infection like chloramphenicol
Interactions with food items
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with food
Storage and disposal of Ultragin Injection 30ml
- Store below 25°C
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Ultragin Injection 30ml
- Your doctor or nurse will give this injection so it is unlikely that you overdose on this medicine
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse as to when the medicine should be given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them
Dr. Mahesh Muthe
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using this medicine?
- Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems, or alcoholic, as this medicine is known to cause serious liver damage in case of overdose
- Caution is needed in older people too
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed