Tropan 2.5mg Tablet
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tropan 2.5mg Tablet contains Oxybutynin as an active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of overactivity of the bladder such as frequency and urgency of urination. Tropan 2.5mg Tablet works by acting on the muscles of the bladder and controlling the overactivity of the bladder. You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to Oxybutynin or if you have any liver or kidney diseases. Take this medicine in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. before starting with Tropan 2.5mg Tablet inform your doctor about all other medicines, herbal products and over-the-counter medicines you are consuming.
Uses of Tropan 2.5mg Tablet
Tropan 2.5mg Tablet is used in the treatment of frequency and urgency of urination due to overactivity of the bladder (Neurogenic bladder disorder)
Contraindications of Tropan 2.5mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Oxybutynin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a condition called muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis) and increased pressure in the eye (glaucoma).
- If you have a problem in your heart and kidney (responsible for frequent urination at night).
- If you feel that your stomach or intestine is not working properly.
- If you are suffering from inflammation in the intestine (ulcerative colitis).
Side effects of Tropan 2.5mg Tablet
- Confusion, headache, dizziness sleepiness, tiredness
- Dry eyes, flushes on face
- Constipation, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, indigestion
- Dry skin
- Difficulty in urination
Precautions and Warnings of Tropan 2.5mg Tablet
Can I take Tropan 2.5mg Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Tropan 2.5mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It passes into the breastmilk in a small amount. So it is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tropan 2.5mg Tablet?
After taking this medicine you may experience blurred vision or drowsiness. So it is advised to be cautious while driving or operating any machinery during the treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with Tropan 2.5mg Tablet?
Alcohol consumption along with this medicine may enhance drowsiness. So it is advised to avoid alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly person or you are giving this medicine to a child, this medicine should be used with caution.
- You have a kidney or liver problem.
- You are suffering from an illness called autonomic neuropathy (affecting the nerves).
- You have a history of an overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism), heart disorder.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or an enlarged prostate gland.
- You have stomach/intestinal disorder, such patients should use this medicine carefully.
- You feel heart problems like irregular or fast heartbeat, heart failure, high blood pressure or enlarged bladder (prostate) problem.
- You experience any mental disorders like hallucination, sleepiness, confusion, aggression. The doctor should stop the treatment immediately.
- It may reduce the amount of saliva production which can lead to tooth decay or fungal infection of the mouth. So the doctor may advise taking special care in your oral hygiene.
- You may develop a risk for heat prostration due to decreased sweating if used in high-temperature conditions.
- You have an indigestion problem and you are simultaneously taking medicines like bisphosphonates that can cause or worsen oesophagitis (swelling in food pipe).
Mode of Action of Tropan 2.5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
It acts by stopping the sudden contraction of bladder muscles and make the muscles relax, which leads to control in the release of urine.
Directions for Use of Tropan 2.5mg Tablet
Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor. It should be swallowed as a whole with plenty of water.
Interactions of Tropan 2.5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Tropan 2.5mg Tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations.read less
- Few medicines which may affect the activity of Tropan 2.5mg Tablet are Amantadine, Levodopa, Biperiden to treat Parkinson’s disease, Phenothiazines, Butyrophenones, Clozapine to treat brain disorders, Quinidine, Digoxin to treat heart problems, Dipyridamole to treat blood clotting problems.read less
- Concomitant use of antibiotics like Ketoconazole, Itraconazole, Erythromycin to treat bacterial and fungal infection can inhibit the action of this medicine.
- It can oppose the effect of Metoclopramide or Domperidone to treat nausea and vomiting.
- Other medicines should be used with caution are atropine and cholinesterase inhibitors to treat Alzheimer’s disease.
Storage and disposal of Tropan 2.5mg Tablet
- Store this medicine below 30°C
- Keep it in original packing in order to protect it from light and moisture
Dosage of Tropan 2.5mg Tablet
Overdose symptoms may include restless, excited, flushed, dizzy, fast heartbeat, breathing problem and numbness, paralysis and coma. If you think you have taken an overdose of this medicine and feel such symptoms contact your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions di need to follow during the treatment?
A: Yes, this medicine may reduce the amount of saliva production which can lead to tooth decay or fungal infection of the mouth. So the doctor may advise taking special care in your oral hygiene and drink plenty of water.
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Last Updated on: 08 Nov 2020 | 08:08 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Up to Rs.500 cashback By Bank of Baroda + Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved