Tropan 2.5mg Tablet
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tropan 2.5 tablet is used for the treatment of overactivity. It is used to relieve urinary symptoms like frequent urination, the urgency to urinate and uncontrolled urination. It contains oxybutynin as an active ingredient. Tropan 2.5 tablet works by acting on the muscles of the bladder and controlling the overactivity of the bladder. Take this medicine in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Avoid alcohol and caffeinated drink, as they can worsen your symptoms. Be cautious while driving or operating the machine as this medicine may cause dizziness. Before starting the Tropan 2.5 tablet inform your doctor about all other medicines, herbal products and over-the-counter medicines you are consuming....
Uses of Tropan 2.5 MG
Tropan 2.5 tablet is used in the treatment of frequency and urgency of urination due to overactivity of the bladder (Neurogenic bladder disorder).
Contraindications of Tropan 2.5 MG
- If you are allergic to oxybutynin or any of the other ingredients of the Tropan 2.5 tablet.
- If you have a condition called muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis) and increased pressure in the eye (glaucoma).
- If you have a problem in your heart and kidney (responsible for frequent urination at night).
- If you feel that your stomach or intestine is not working properly.
- If you are suffering from inflammation in the intestine (ulcerative colitis).
Side effects of Tropan 2.5 MG
- Dry skin
- Difficulty in urination
Precautions and Warnings of Tropan 2.5 MG
Can I take the Tropan 2.5 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of the Tropan 2.5 tablet in pregnancy. Hence it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Tropan 2.5 tablet while breastfeeding?
Oxybutynin passes into the breastmilk in a small amount. So it is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment with the Tropan 2.5 tablet.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Tropan 2.5 tablet?
After taking the Tropan 2.5 tablet you may experience dizziness or drowsiness. So it is advised to be cautious while driving or operating any machinery during the treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with the Tropan 2.5 tablet?
Alcohol consumption along with the Tropan 2.5 tablet may enhance drowsiness. So it is advised to avoid alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly person or you are giving this medicine to a child, this medicine should be used with caution.
- You have a kidney or liver problem.
- You are suffering from an illness called autonomic neuropathy (affecting the nerves).
- You have a history of an overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism), heart disorder.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or an enlarged prostate gland.
- You have a stomach/intestinal disorder, such patients should use this medicine carefully.
- You feel heart problems like irregular or fast heartbeat, heart failure, high blood pressure or enlarged bladder (prostate) problems.
- You experience any mental disorders like hallucination, sleepiness, confusion, aggression. The doctor should stop the treatment immediately.
- It may reduce the amount of saliva production which can lead to tooth decay or fungal infection of the mouth. So the doctor may advise taking special care in your oral hygiene.
- You may develop a risk for heat prostration due to decreased sweating if used in high-temperature conditions.
- You have an indigestion problem and you are simultaneously taking medicines like bisphosphonates that can cause or worsen oesophagitis (swelling in food pipe).
Mode of Action of Tropan 2.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Tropan 2.5 tablet acts by stopping the sudden contraction of bladder muscles and make the muscles relax, which leads to control in the release of urine.
Directions for Use of Tropan 2.5 MG
Tropan 2.5 tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Tropan 2.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tropan 2.5 tablets may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Few medicines which may affect the activity of the Tropan 2.5 tablet are Amantadine, Levodopa, Biperiden to treat Parkinson’s disease, Phenothiazines, Butyrophenones, Clozapine to treat brain disorders, Quinidine, Digoxin to treat heart problems, Dipyridamole to treat blood clotting problems....
- Concomitant use of antibiotics like Ketoconazole, Itraconazole, Erythromycin to treat bacterial and fungal infections can inhibit the action of this medicine.
- It can oppose the effect of Metoclopramide or Domperidone to treat nausea and vomiting.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are atropine and cholinesterase inhibitors to treat Alzheimer’s disease.
Storage and disposal of Tropan 2.5 MG
- Store the Tropan 2.5 tablets below 30°C. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Tropan 2.5 MG
Symptoms of an overdose may include restlessness, excitement, flushed, dizziness, fast heartbeat, breathing problem and numbness, paralysis and coma. If you think you have taken an overdose of the Tropan 2.5 tablet and feel such symptoms contact your doctor immediately....
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of the Tropan 2.5 tablet take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions I need to follow during the treatment with the Tropan 2.5 tablet?
A: Yes, the Tropan 2.5 tablet may reduce the amount of saliva production which can lead to tooth decay or fungal infection of the mouth. So the doctor may advise taking special care in your oral hygiene and drink plenty of water.
Q: For how long do I need to take the Tropan 2.5 tablet?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: Does the Tropan 2.5 tablet make you pee?
A: No, the Tropan 2.5 tablet will not make you pee. This medicine will decrease the urgency or frequency to pee or urinate. Oxybutynin in the Tropan 2.5 relaxes the bladder muscles, thus decreases the urge to urinate and uncontrolled urination.
- Oxybutynin hydrochloride 2.5mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Oxybutynin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 17 July 2021]
- Oxybutynin hydrochloride 2.5mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 July 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.