Traxol Cv 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By CACHET PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Traxol Cv 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Traxol Cv 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets contains combination of Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid as an active ingredient. This is a higher antibiotic meant for the treatment of severe infections.
|You Save||₹15.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Contains||Cefixime(100.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(62.5 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefixime(100.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(62.5 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Traxol Cv 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Mahacef Cv 100mg Tablet
By Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Uses of Traxol Cv 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Treatment of severe infections of urinary tract, lungs, throat and tonsil, skin or infections like typhoid fever or gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Traxol Cv 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to Cephalosporin class of antibiotics
Side effects of Traxol Cv 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Frequent or loose stool
- Stomach pain
- Stomach upset
- Skin rashes, itching
- Mouth ulcers
- Increase in liver enzyme
- Blood disorders
- Itching in the genital tract
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Traxol Cv 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Traxol Cv 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
- The effect of this medicine on pregnant women is not yet studied
- Cefixime should not be used in pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor
Can I take Traxol Cv 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
- It is not known whether cefixime passes into human milk
- It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are taking this medicine
- If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch for diarrhoea in your baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Traxol Cv 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken this medicine as it can cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Traxol Cv 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine with alcohol. However, it is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have history of allergy to penicillins, cephalosporins
- You have a history of infection and swelling in the colon (colitis)
- You have a history of haemolytic anaemia (decreased red blood cells)
- You have blood clotting problem or you are taking any anticoagulant medicine
- You experience persistent diarrhoea
- You are suffering from kidney problems as Cefixime may worsen the condition
Mode of Action of Traxol Cv 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Cefixime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell wall
- However, the bacteria can make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Cefixime
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme. This helps Cefixime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Traxol Cv 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
This medicine should be consumed as a whole with sufficient amount of water.
Interactions of Traxol Cv 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid; any interactions seen with these two components individually may occur with this combination
- This medicine can increase the levels of Carbamazepine (a medicine used for controlling fits or nerve pain), thus monitoring is required
- If you are taking blood thinners like Warfarin, there may be an increased risk of bleeding
- If you are taking birth control pills like oral contraceptives (O.C pills), caution is needed as this medicine interferes with their action
- If you are undergoing a glucose test (to detect the amount of glucose in the blood), false "positive reaction" may occur
- If you are undergoing a coombs test (to detect antibodies attached to red blood cells), false "positive reaction" may occur
Interactions with food items
Food does not affect the way this medicine works. It can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Traxol Cv 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the medicine below 25°C
- Keep it in original packing in order to protect it from moisture
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Traxol Cv 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are suffering from kidney problems and you take more of this medicine, brain damage (encephalopathy) may occur
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Q. For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You need to complete the full course of medicine, as per your doctor's prescription. If you stop it early, the infection may reoccur. Also, next time, the bacteria may not respond to this antibiotic as incomplete treatments can lead to bacterial resistance.
Q: Q. I have fever and cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Expires on or After
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay