Torsid Plus 5/50mg Tablets
Torsid Plus 5/50mg Tablets Description
Torsid Plus Tablet is a water pill, i.e a medicine that increases the frequency of urination. It is used in the treatment of swelling in the lower limbs due to collection of excess fluid which may oc
cur in conditions where there is reduced pumping of blood by the heart, less protein in the blood due to damage to filtration function of kidneys, liver damage, low potassium levels in the blood, etc. This tablet is also used to treat high blood pressure. Torsid Plus Tablet is a combination medicine containing torsemide and spironolactone. However, due to some side effects of the medication and its interaction with some other medicines, this Tablet is recommended to be taken in doses and duration strictly as prescribed by a doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this Tablet.
|You Save||₹6.29 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Spironolactone(50.0 Mg) + Torasemide / Torsemide(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Swelling in the lower limbs due to the collection of excess fluid|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting|
Uses of Torsid Plus 5/50mg Tablets
- Torsid Plus Tablet is helpful to treat swelling in the lower limbs due to the collection of excess fluid. It is used in case of liver damage and low potassium levels in the blood. It is also used to treat high blood pressure with hyperaldosteronism (a condition in which the adrenal gland releases too much of the hormone aldosterone into the blood)....
Contraindications of Torsid Plus 5/50mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to one or more components of the medicine
- If you are unable to pass urine
- If you have any liver or kidney disease
- If you have a low blood pressure
- If you are pregnant or you think you may be pregnant or are breastfeeding
- If you have a heart-related disorder
- If you have a condition of hepatic coma or pre-coma
- If you are currently on antibiotics like Streptomycin, Gentamicin or one of the cephalosporin class of medicines
- If your kidneys are damaged due to some medication in past
- If you are diagnosed with high potassium levels in the blood or are already taking a water pill (medicine like Eplerenone) that retains potassium
- If you have Addison’s disease (symptoms are stomach pain, weakness, weight loss, darkening of the skin for a long time with episodes of low blood pressure, vomiting, lower back pain and loss of consciousness)...
- If your child has moderate to severe kidney damage
undefined of Torsid Plus 5/50mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Torsid Plus 5/50mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidney
- You have any heart-related problems
- You have diabetes
- You may experience a ringing sensation in the ears, with or without loss of hearing
- You have heart disease with high levels of potassium in the blood
- You should be cautious about electrolyte imbalance which can show symptoms like irregular or fast heartbeat, tiredness, lack of energy, fits, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, stomach or muscle cramps and weakness, irritability, confusion, headache, numbness, dry mouth, thirst, drowsiness and restlessness...
- You are above 65 years of age, as this medicine should be used with caution as the risk of having severe adverse effects may be increased
- Torsid Plus Tablet may increase the potassium levels in the blood
- Male patients may develop swelling in the breast when taking this medicine
- Torsid Plus Tablet is not recommended for children as there is no information on its safety and efficiency
Mode of Action of Torsid Plus 5/50mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Torsid Plus 5/50mg Tablets
Interactions of Torsid Plus 5/50mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Torsid Plus Tablet along with Cholestyramine, (used to lower blood cholesterol), painkillers (Probenecid and Indomethacin) or Carbenoxolone (to treat stomach ulcer), should be avoided as it will reduce the effect of this tablet....
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with Lithium (to treat psychiatric diseases) should be avoided as it may lead to lithium toxicity.
- This medicine, when taken along with blood pressure tablets like Captopril and lisinopril, may lower the blood pressure excessively and you may feel giddy, thus should be used with caution.
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with blood thinners like Heparin, Cotrimoxazole (antibiotic), Indomethacin, etc. (NSAIDs) can cause an increase in the blood potassium levels.
- Concomitant use of Torsid Plus Tablet with barbiturates like butabarbital or narcotics like morphine may cause a sudden drop in blood pressure causing unconsciousness.
- Concomitant use of this medicine with a high dose of salicylates like aspirin may lead to salicylate toxicity and may also cause damage to the kidneys.
- Concomitant use of this tablet with Digoxin, (used in case of heart failure), should be avoided as it may result in increased levels of it in blood and may make the heart more sensitive to the medication. You should inform your treating physician if you are already taking Digoxin....
- Antidiabetic medicine when taken along with this tablet, the action of antidiabetic medications may be reduced
- Concomitant use of this tablet with antibiotics like Amikacin, Neomycin, one of the cephalosporin class of drugs or anticancer medications like Cisplatin should be avoided as you may experience hearing loss, ringing in ears and difficulty in urination....
- Other medicines like Tubocurarine, Atracurium, Prednisone and Betamethasone should be used with caution along with Torsid Plus Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Torsid Plus 5/50mg Tablets
- Store Torsid Plus Tablet in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat.
- Please keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Torsid Plus 5/50mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)