Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets contains atorvastatin and is used to lower blood cholesterol and to reduce the risk of heart diseases. Avoid using this medicine if you are allergic to it, have any liver diseases or are pregnant or breastfeeding. Take this medicine for the prescribed duration. It can be taken with food. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it midway on your own without the knowledge of your doctor.
Uses of Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets is used to help lower your cholesterol level, triglyceride levels (such as fat in the blood) and prevent any heart problems like a heart attack.
Contraindications of Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Atorvastatin or any other ingredients of Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets.
- If you have or ever had any liver disease, any abnormality in liver function test.
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like glecaprevir, pibrentasvir.
- If you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Body pain (joint, back, throat, muscle)
- Swelling of nasal passages and bleeding from the nose
- Abnormal liver function test and increased creatinine level
Precautions and Warnings of Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets during pregnancy?
Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets should not be used in pregnancy, as this medicine can harm the unborn baby. Women of childbearing age should discuss with their physician about the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby. If you think you are pregnant or might become pregnant, then discontinue the treatment and seek a safer alternative.
Can I take Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes into human milk. Hence, you should not breastfeed while taking Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets. Consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
No information is available on the ability to drive or use machines. However, if you observe or experience any side effects, it is advisable not to drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
No information is available on interactions of Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets when taken with alcohol. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information. If you have any liver disease or history of liver disease, then inform your doctor before taking this medicine, as this may increase the chance of liver damage with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney disease
- You experience any muscle problems after taking other lipid-lowering medicine
- You are taking medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury
- You have respiratory failure
- You are addicted to alcohol or consume it in excess
- You have any thyroid problems
- You cannot digest lactose (lactose intolerance)
- You are above 70 years of age
Mode of Action of Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets inhibits this enzyme, thus lowering bad cholesterol levels (LDL levels), triglyceride levels and also other lipids or fats in the blood. It also increases the good cholesterol known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels.
Directions for Use of Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. It can be taken with food.
- You should take it regularly at a fixed time and as directed by your doctor.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interactions with Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets.
- Medicines used to treat HIV/AIDS like ritonavir
- Medicines used to treat hepatitis C like telaprevir
- Antibiotics or any antifungal medicines like erythromycin, ketoconazole
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure or any heart problems like amlodipine, digoxin
- Blood thinners like warfarin
- Medicines used for fits like stiripentol
- Antacids like cimetidine and magnesium
- Other medicines used to lower cholesterol like ezetimibe
- Medicine used to treat pain like phenazone
- Any medicines taken without a prescription
Interactions with food items
You should avoid consuming grapefruit juice while on treatment, as grapefruit may alter the effect of Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets.
Storage and disposal of Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Store Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
If you think you have taken too much dose of the medicine than prescribed, then inform your doctor immediately or reach to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed or have forgotten to take a single dose of the medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the forgotten dose and continue with a regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Tonact 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets cause diabetes?
A: If you experience an increase in blood sugar level, then inform your doctor. A slight increase in sugar level can occur after taking this medicine. Check your blood levels regularly if you are on this treatment.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking my medicine?
A: Take your medicine at a fixed time every day. Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day, such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. This may help you remember to take it. Keep a reminder or an alarm to go at the time you need to take your medicine.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved