Toficalm 100mg Tablet
Toficalm 100 MG Description
Toficalm is a prescription medication that is used in the management of anxiety and depression. The active ingredient of Toficalm is a substance called Tofisopam. Anxiety and depression are mental he
alth disorders. These disorders can lead to a person feeling excessively sad, angry, unmotivated and may lead to a decrease in the quality of their life. Tofisopam works by increasing a certain chemical known as GABA in the brain, which leads to a calming effect by relieving anxiety and creating a general sense of wellbeing. It is important to only take this medication on prescription by a doctor, at the exact dose and for the entire duration prescribed.
Uses of Toficalm 100 MG
- According to CDSCO, Toficalm is used in the treatment of anxiety and depression.
Contraindications of Toficalm 100 MG
- Hypersensitivity to Tofisopam or other benzodiazepines.
Side effects of Toficalm 100 MG
- Gastric discomfort
- Loss of appetite
- Increased irritability
Precautions and Warnings of Toficalm 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from glaucoma (increased eye pressure)
- You suffer from epilepsy(seizures)
- You suffer from respiratory problems (asthma) and liver or kidney problems
Mode of Action of Toficalm 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Toficalm 100 MG
- It is recommended that this medication be taken at fixed times every day.
- This medication can be taken with or without food.
- Swallow the tablet whole, do not split, crush, or chew.
- Take this medication at the recommended dose. Do not alter the dose in any way, as this may lead to undesirable side effects.
- It is important to take this medication for the entire duration prescribed to you by your doctor. This holds true even if you begin to feel better. Abruptly stopping this medication can lead to side effects such as increased irritability, nausea, or anxiety....
Interactions of Toficalm 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Co-administration with other benzodiazepines is not recommended as it can potentiate its actions.
- Co-administration with medications metabolised by the enzymes CYP3A4, such as cyclosporine, is not recommended. This is because tofisopam is an inhibitor of CYP3A4, which may lead to toxic levels of the medication in the body....
Interactions with food items
- It is recommended to avoid caffeine-containing substances such as tea, coffee, etc., while on this medication. This is due to the fact that caffeine is anxiogenic (causes anxiety) and may reduce the effectiveness of this medication....