Tidomet Ls Strip Of 10 Tablets
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tidomet Ls Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Tidomet Ls Tablet is used for the treatment of Parkinson's disease and movement disorders. Parkinson's disease is a brain disorder that can lead to loss of control over certain body functions of indi
viduals and is accompanied by shaking, stiffness and difficulty with walking, balance and coordination. Tidomet Ls Tablet is a combination medicine containing levodopa and carbidopa. It increases the level of a chemical substance called dopamine, a decrease in the level of this substance is responsible for the symptoms of this disease. Tidomet Ls should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
|You Save||₹3.96 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Levodopa(100.0 Mg) + Carbidopa(10.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Levodopa(100.0 Mg) + Carbidopa(10.0 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Tidomet Ls Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Lcd 110mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 17.58₹ 14.9433.48% CHEAPER₹ 1.49/Tablet
- Syndopa 110mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 26.37₹ 22.4133.48% CHEAPER₹ 1.49/Tablet
Uses of Tidomet Ls Strip Of 10 Tablets
Tidomet Ls Tablet is used for the treatment of Parkinson's disease characterised by impaired posture and balance, shakiness, stiffness of muscle and inability to perform basic body movements.
Contraindications of Tidomet Ls Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to levodopa, carbidopa or any ingredients of Tidomet Ls Tablet.
- If you have a history of skin cancer called melanoma or the presence of moles on the skin which have not been clinically checked by a doctor.
- If you are taking medicines for mental health disorders belonging to a class MOAIs like Rasagiline should be stopped at least 14 days before you start taking this medicine.
- If you have raised pressure in the eyes, it is condition called narrow-angle Glaucoma.
- If you are diagnosed with any serious mental illness.
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant or if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Tidomet Ls Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Uncontrolled movements
- Dry mouth
- Reduced appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Tidomet Ls Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Tidomet Ls Tablet during pregnancy?
Tidomet Ls Tablet should not be taken by a pregnant woman or woman of childbearing age. However, it can be prescribed in some instances where the benefit of the treatment outweighs the risk to the developing foetus.
Can I take Tidomet Ls Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not advised to take Tidomet Ls Tablet if you are breastfeeding your baby as levodopa passes into breast milk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tidomet Ls Tablet?
It is not advised to drive or operate heavy machinery if you have taken Tidomet Ls Tablet as it makes you dizzy and drowsy and can also affect your balance and movements.
Can I consume alcohol with Tidomet Ls Tablet?
You should avoid alcohol consumption while taking Tidomet Ls Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience mood changes, sleep attacks or excessive sleepiness.
- You have a history of fits.
- You have or had an ulcer in your stomach or intestine.
- You have had a heart attack or heart disorder or breathing problems.
- You have had kidney, liver or hormonal problems.
- You have a due surgery or operation.
- You have an eye condition called 'glaucoma’, you will need to have regular checks on the pressure in your eye.
Mode of Action of Tidomet Ls Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Tidomet Ls offers relief in symptoms of Parkinson’s disease by increasing the levels of dopamine in the brain.
- Levodopa gets converted into Dopamine. This dopamine gives relief from symptoms of Parkinson's disease.
- Carbidopa helps in maintaining an optimal level of levodopa by inhibiting its breakdown by enzymes before it reaches the brain.
Directions for Use of Tidomet Ls Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Tidomet Ls Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- Try to take it at a fixed time every day as advised by your doctor.
- Do not skip the doses even if you feel better.
Interactions of Tidomet Ls Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Tidomet Ls Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking any other medicine especially to treat Parkinson’s disease.
- If you are taking any iron preparations as it may decrease the effectiveness of the Tidomet Ls Tablet when used concomitantly.
- Medicine for any mental illness may cause worsening of side effects; the dose needs to be adjusted.
- The patient’s response should be monitored when administered Tidomet Ls Tablet with anticholinergic preparations like Benzatropine and Procyclidine.
- You may experience low blood pressure on standing suddenly from lying posture if you are on any antihypertensives.
- Medicine for tuberculosis and epilepsy may require a change in dosage.
Interactions with food items
Absorption of levodopa may be impaired in some patients with a high protein diet. Avoid taking Tidomet Ls Tablets with heavy meals.
Storage and disposal of Tidomet Ls Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Tidomet Ls Tablet at a temperature below 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Tidomet Ls Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you happen to take more than the prescribed dose of Tidomet Ls Tablet, report to the nearest hospital immediately. It may cause rapid, irregular heartbeats, uncontrolled muscular twitching and loss of consciousness....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Tidomet Ls Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Tidomet Ls be taken empty stomach?
A: It can be taken with or without food. Avoid protein meals as it can delay the action of this medicine.
Q: Can Tidomet Ls Tablet cause dark urine?
A: Yes, Tidomet Ls can turn the colour of your urine, saliva and sweat dark (red, brown or black). This is not harmful and can sometimes also stain your clothes and bedding.
Q: Can we stop Tidomet Ls Tablet?
A: No, do not stop taking Tidomet Ls Tablet without consulting your doctor. Sudden stopping of this medicine may cause withdrawal symptoms and your condition might worsen. Hence, you should never stop taking this medicine even if you start feeling better.
- Sinemet Plus 25 mg/100 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Levodopa/Carbidopa [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Levodopa [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Sinemet Plus 25 mg/100 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed