Thyrox 100mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
Thyrox 100 MCG Description
Thyrox-100 tablet is a thyroid medicine, used for the treatment of hypothyroidism. It contains levothyroxine as its active component. It is a synthetic form of a naturally occurring hormone known as
thyroxine produced by the thyroid gland. Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland stops producing sufficient thyroid hormones. It is characterized by symptoms such as lethargy, feeling tired, weight gain, constipation, muscle pain, hair loss, increased sensitivity to cold, feeling low and irregular menstrual cycle. This medicine should be used with care and caution in elder patients, patients with heart diseases and patients with disorders related to the adrenal gland. The dose and the duration should be strictly followed as recommended by the doctor. Take this medicine on an empty stomach, immediately after waking up in the morning.
|You Save||₹22.26 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Thyroxine / Levothyroxine Sodium(100.0 Mcg)|
|Side effects||Increased appetite, hair loss, weight variations, headache, vomiting|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR HYPOTHYROIDISM|
- Euthyrox 100mcg TabletBy Merck Limited100 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 147.84₹ 137.50₹ 1.38/Tablet
Uses of Thyrox 100 MCG
Contraindications of Thyrox 100 MCG
- If you are allergic to levothyroxine or any ingredients used in Thyrox-100 tablet.
- If you have any disorders that are related to the adrenal glands.
- If you have a condition of thyrotoxicosis (excess of thyroid hormone in the bloodstream).
Side effects of Thyrox 100 MCG
- Increased appetite
- Hair loss
- Weight variations
- Changes in the menstrual cycle
- Sensitivity to heat
- Mood swings
Precautions and Warnings of Thyrox 100 MCG
- Thyrox-100 tablets can be taken during pregnancy. A pregnant woman might require a higher dose of this particular medicine. If hypothyroidism is detected in between pregnancies, it is important to immediately start the treatment with thyroxine after consulting your doctor. ...
- Low levels of thyroid hormone in the mother can lead to birth defects in the baby or can even cause miscarriage. Regular monitoring of TSH levels is recommended.
Other General Warnings
- You are an elderly patient (more than 50 years of age) and have existing heart disorders.
- You have a hormone-related disorder called Panhypopituitarism.
- You come across heart-related disorders such as high blood pressure, angina, heart failure, irregular heart rhythm, etc.
- Care is required for patients with diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus and epilepsy or seizures.
- Children may experience hair loss after initiation of the therapy with Thyrox-100 tablet which is usually reversible.
- Special care should be provided while giving Thyrox-100 tablet to children with low birth weight and who are premature.
Mode of Action of Thyrox 100 MCG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Thyrox 100 MCG
- Take Thyrox-100 tablet on an empty stomach.
- Consume this medicine as a whole with an adequate amount of water.
- Do not stop consuming this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Thyrox 100 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Thyrox-100 tablet or Thyrox-100 tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always keep in touch with your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments if you are going through any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking certain medications like antipsychotic medicines, anti-epileptic medicines like Phenytoin, oral contraceptives. etc.
- Dose adjustment of anti-diabetic medicines, blood thinners and medicines used for treating heart failure is required on the simultaneous use of Thyrox-100 tablet. Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines from this class....
- Antacids, anti-ulcer medicines, iron preparations and other preparations used to reduce cholesterol levels such as Cholestyramine should be used with a minimum gap of 4-5 hours with Thyrox-100 tablet.
Interactions with food items
Dosage of Thyrox 100 MCG
- Overdose of Thyrox-100 tablet may cause symptoms such as fever, chest pain, irregular heartbeats, headache, muscle cramps, anxiety, sweating, diarrhoea, sleeplessness, etc.
- If you think you have consumed too much of this medicine, contact your doctor as soon as possible or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Thyrox-100 tablet to lose weight?
Q: Can Thyrox-100 tablet and Pan 40 be taken together?
Q: When should I take Thyrox-100?
Q: Are Thyrox-100 and Thyronorm the same?
Q: For how long do I need to take the Thyrox-100?
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]
- LEVO-T [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]
- Levothyroxine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- THYROX 50MCG BOTTLE OF 120 TABLETS
- THYROX 75MCG BOTTLE OF 120 TABLETS
- THYROX 125MCG BOTTLE OF 100 TABLETS
- THYROX 25MCG BOTTLE OF 120 TABLETS
- THYROX 62.5MCG TABLETS 100'S
- THYROX 88MCG TABLET
- THYROX 150MCG TABLET
- THYROX 200MCG BOTTLE OF 100 TABLETS
- THYROX 37.5MCG BOTTLE OF 100 TABLETS
- THYROX 112 TABLET 100 NO'S