Thrombophob Tube Of 20gm Gel
Thrombophob gel is a topical medicine. It is used to reduce swelling, pain and local bruising. It is also helpful to treat superficial clots in thrombophlebitis (inflammation of a vein related to a b
ood clot) and superficial bruising. Thrombophob contains a combination of heparin and ethanol as their active components. Thrombophlebitis is an inflammatory process in which a blood clot forms and blocks one or more veins, usually in the legs. The affected vein might be near the surface of the skin or deep within a muscle. Bruise forms when a blow breaks blood vessels near your skin's surface, allowing a small amount of blood to leak into the tissues under your skin. This may cause a bruise. This gel widens the blood vessels and prevents blood clot formation. It also increases the blood flow to the affected area. Thrombophob ointment is used for external application and must be applied as recommended by the doctor.
Uses of THROMBOPHOB TUBE OF 20GM GEL
Contraindications of THROMBOPHOB TUBE OF 20GM GEL
- If you are allergic to any ingredient of Thrombophob gel.
- If you have any blood related disorders.
- Thrombophob gel should not be used on open bleeding or oozing wounds or applied on the mucous membranes or near the eyes, on skin lesions of unknown origin or infected skin.
Side effects of THROMBOPHOB TUBE OF 20GM GEL
Precautions and Warnings of THROMBOPHOB TUBE OF 20GM GEL
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with the liver or kidney or any disorders.
- You are going to have surgery or an operation in the coming days.
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- You experience a severe burning sensation or skin irritation after application.
- Thrombophob gel should not be applied to open, bleeding or oozing wounds.
- Avoid direct sunlight exposure after applying this gel.
- Do not smoke or go near naked flames.
- Do not discontinue the treatment with Thrombophob gel without consulting the doctor.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose, mouth and mucus membranes.
- Wash your hands properly after application.
- If it comes in contact with your eyes, wash thoroughly and visit the doctor or a hospital immediately.
Directions for Use of THROMBOPHOB TUBE OF 20GM GEL
- Use Thrombophob gel as directed by your doctor and read the instructions on the label carefully before using it.
- Apply a thin layer on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds. Do not rub or massage.
- Wash your hands before and after using this gel, unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this gel, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Storage and disposal of THROMBOPHOB TUBE OF 20GM GEL
- Store Thrombophob gel below 25°C in the original container.
- Store it in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep Thrombophob gel away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of THROMBOPHOB TUBE OF 20GM GEL
- Thrombophob gel is meant for external application; therefore, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities, wipe out the excess gel with a clean tissue or cotton. Prolonged use of this gel in large areas can cause bleeding complications.
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of THROMBOPHOB TUBE OF 20GM GEL
How Does It Work?
- Thrombophob gel works by the combined action of both of its components - heparin and benzyl nicotinate.
- Heparin is an anticoagulant that works by blocking certain chemical substances (eg. thrombin and fibrin) involved in the blood clotting process. Thus, heparin ultimately helps to reduce blood clots formation in your body....
- Benzyl Nicotinate is a vasodilator; it widens the blood vessels and enhances local heparin absorption. Hence, the healing process is substantially improved and pain is rapidly reduced.