Thrombophob Tube Of 20gm Gel
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
20g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The Thrombophob gel is used for the management of thrombophlebitis (a condition of swelling of the superficial blood vessels due to blood clots), inflammation of tendons and other superficial bruises. It is a combination of medicines containing heparin and benzyl nicotinate. It works by widening the blood vessels, increasing the blood flow to the affected area and preventing blood clot formation. Thrombophob gel should be used as prescribed by the doctor.
Uses of Thrombophob Tube Of 20gm Gel
Thrombophob gel is used to improve conditions of localised bleeding and clotting outside the blood vessels in case of superficial thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, tendovaginitis and superficial bruises.
Contraindications of Thrombophob Tube Of 20gm Gel
- If you are allergic to any ingredient of the Thrombophob gel or Parabens.
- If you have any blood disorders.
- Thrombophob gel should not be used on open bleeding or oozing wounds or applied on the mucous membranes or near the eyes, on skin lesions of unknown origin or infected skin.
Side effects of Thrombophob Tube Of 20gm Gel
Reactions like itching, irritation, redness and burning at the site of application.
Precautions and Warnings of Thrombophob Tube Of 20gm Gel
Can I apply the Thrombophob gel during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of the Thrombophob gel in pregnant women. Hence, you should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or plan to have a child before starting to apply this gel.
Can I apply the Thrombophob gel while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the safety of the Thrombophob gel in a breastfeeding woman. However, caution should be exercised while using this gel. You should avoid using it on breast or areas near the breast or any large body area for a prolonged duration.
Can I drive if I have applied the Thrombophob gel?
The Thrombophob gel may not affect your driving ability or ability to handle machinery as it is to be applied to the skin. However, if you do not feel well or cannot be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied the Thrombophob gel?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and the Thrombophob gel. However, it is always better to avoid consuming alcohol when you are prescribed to use this gel.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with the liver or kidney or any disorders.
- You are going to have surgery or an operation in the coming days.
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- You experience a severe burning sensation or skin irritation after application.
- Thrombophob gel should not be applied to open, bleeding or oozing wounds.
- Avoid direct sunlight exposure after applying this gel.
- Do not smoke or go near naked flames.
- Do not discontinue the treatment with Thrombophob gel without consulting the doctor.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose, mouth and mucus membranes.
- Wash your hands properly after application.
- If it comes in contact with your eyes, wash thoroughly and visit the doctor or a hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Thrombophob Tube Of 20gm Gel
How Does It Work?
- Thrombophob gel works by the combined action of both of its components - heparin and benzyl nicotinate.
- Heparin is an anticoagulant that works by blocking certain chemical substances (eg. thrombin and fibrin) involved in the blood clotting process. Thus, heparin ultimately helps to reduce blood clots formation in your body.Read less
- Benzyl Nicotinate is a vasodilator; it widens the blood vessels and enhances local heparin absorption. Hence, the healing process is substantially improved and pain is rapidly reduced.
Directions for Use of Thrombophob Tube Of 20gm Gel
- Use Thrombophob gel as directed by your doctor and read the instructions on the label carefully before using it.
- Apply a thin layer on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds. Do not rub or massage.
- Wash your hands before and after using this gel, unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this gel, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Thrombophob Tube Of 20gm Gel
Interactions with other medicines
Since Thrombophob gel is for external use, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are currently taking any other medicines, herbal products or supplements to treat other health conditions.
Storage and disposal of Thrombophob Tube Of 20gm Gel
- Store Thrombophob gel below 25°C in the original container.
- Store it in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep Thrombophob gel away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Thrombophob Tube Of 20gm Gel
- Thrombophob gel is meant for external application; therefore, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities, wipe out the excess gel with a clean tissue or cotton. Prolonged use of this gel in large areas can cause bleeding complications.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Thrombophob gel as directed by the doctor, use it as soon as you remember. Do not overapply this gel to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use expired the Thrombophob gel?
A: No, you should not use the Thrombophob gel or any medicine after the expiry date has passed. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Q: How to use the Thrombophob gel?
- You should use the Thrombophob gel as directed by the doctor.
- Please read the instructions on the label carefully before using it.
- Clean and dry the affected area properly.
- Apply a thin layer on the affected skin that is free from cuts and wounds.
- Do not rub or massage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly unless your hands are the area to be treated.
Q: Can I stop using the Thrombophob gel on my own?
A: No, you should never stop using the Thrombophob gel until advised by the doctor.
Q: Can the Thrombophob gel be used for a baby?
A: There is no information related to the use of theThrombophobgel in babies or children. A paediatrician's advice is a must before giving any medicine to your child.
Q: Can I use the Thrombophob gel for swelling?
A: No, the Thrombophob gel is not effective to control swelling. Do not use this gel for any other purpose than what it is prescribed for.
Q: What are the side-effects of using the Thrombophob Gel 20 gm?
A: The common side-effects observed after the use of the Thrombophob Gel 20 gm are redness, itching, burning and irritation at the site of application. Consult a doctor immediately if these side effects are severe.
Last Updated on: 08 Jul 2021 | 04:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved