Thaloda 100mg Capsule
Thaloda 100 MG Description
Thaloda Capsule is an immunomodulatory medicine. It modulates the immune system. Thaloda is used to treat lepra reaction of skin as well as white blood cell cancer. It contains thalidomide as an acti
ve ingredient. This medicine acts by inhibiting the release of a certain chemical substance that causes swelling. It also modulates and strengthens the immune system. It kills and inhibits the growth of cancer cells, thereby preventing the spread of cancer. Take Thaloda as advised by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Thaloda Capsule should be avoided if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy.
- Thalix 100mg CapsuleBy Dabur India Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 685.84₹ 582.96₹
Uses of Thaloda 100 MG
- Used to treat skin reactions caused due to leprosy.
- It is also used to treat white blood cell cancer.
Contraindications of Thaloda 100 MG
- If you are allergic to thalidomide or any other ingredients of Thaloda Capsule.
- If you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or of childbearing age.
- If male patients are unable to comply with the contraceptive method.
Side effects of Thaloda 100 MG
- Peripheral swelling
- Decreased blood count
- Abnormal sensations such as pricking and tingling
Precautions and Warnings of Thaloda 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are above 50 years of age, menopausal or of non-childbearing age.
- You are using any kind of contraceptive method.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have heart disease or conditions.
- You have thyroid or a blood disorder.
- You have kidney or liver damage.
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking Thaloda.
- You have or experience a tingling sensation or numbness of the extremities.
- You have or had any kind of cancer or cancer lysis.
- You have any active infections.
- You feel sleepy or dizzy.
Mode of Action of Thaloda 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Thaloda 100 MG
- Thaloda Capsule is to be taken as advised by the doctor.
- Take the medicine with a glass of water.
- Take the medicine at a fixed time every day for optimal results.
Interactions of Thaloda 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way the Thaloda Capsule works or Thaloda itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking to avoid possible interactions.
- Especially if you are taking oral contraceptive medicines, blood thinners, anti-allergic medicine, other cancer medicine or medicine used to treat brain-related disorders.
- If you are taking digoxin.
Storage and disposal of Thaloda 100 MG
- Store Thaloda Capsule at room temperature in a cool and dry place, away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Thaloda 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Thaloda Capsule if I feel better?
Q: My husband is on Thaloda. Can we plan pregnancy after completing the course of this medicine?
- Thalidomide BMS 50 mg Hard Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- Thalidomide BMS 50 mg Hard Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]