Tg Tor 10mg Tablet 15'S
Tg Tor 10 MG Description
TG Tor 10 tablet is used to lower lipids like blood cholesterol and triglycerides when a low-fat diet and lifestyle modifications alone are not effective. It is also used to reduce the risk of heart
disease. TG Tor 10 tablet contains atorvastatin as the active ingredient. Atorvastatin is a member of the statin class of medicines, which are used to control lipid (fat) levels in the body. This medicine works by preventing the action of a chemical necessary for cholesterol formation. TG Tor 10 tablet is used as an adjuvant to diet in patients with high or abnormal levels of cholesterol. It is recommended to maintain a standard cholesterol-lowering diet during treatment. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting TG Tor 10 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. Also, inform about all the medicines and supplements that you take. Along with taking this medicine, you should avoid consuming a high fat, fried or junk meals and also maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to gain optimum benefit.
|You Save||₹11.11 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||High/abnormal cholesterol levels|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, diarrhoea, indigestion|
Uses of Tg Tor 10 MG
- TG Tor 10 tablet is used to lower lipids like cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood.
- It is also used to reduce the risk of heart disease.
Contraindications of Tg Tor 10 MG
- If you are allergic to atorvastatin or any other ingredient of TG Tor 10 tablet.
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like the combination of glecaprevir/pibrentasvir. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have liver disorders or your liver tests are abnormal.
- If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are a woman capable of having children and not using effective contraceptive measures.
Side effects of Tg Tor 10 MG
- Back pain
Precautions and Warnings of Tg Tor 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any underlying medical condition like diabetes, liver or kidney disease, thyroid problems, respiratory problems, or muscle-related problems.
- You have a history of stroke with bleeding inside the brain.
- You have repeated muscle pains or a history of muscle-related problems.
- You have recently or in the last 7 days, taken medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury.
- You are an alcoholic.
- You are elderly, above 70 years of age.
- You are already taking any other medicines for health conditions.
Mode of Action of Tg Tor 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tg Tor 10 MG
- Take TG Tor 10 tablet exactly as recommended by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at the same time every day for optimal results.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Avoid consuming more than the dose prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Tg Tor 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way TG Tor 10 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking other cholesterol-lowering medicines, anticoagulants like warfarin, blood pressure-lowering medicines, painkillers like phenazone, anti-infectives, anti-HIV medicines like ritonavir, medicines used to treat hepatitis C like telaprevir and antacids....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Tg Tor 10 MG
- Store TG Tor 10 tablet below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Tg Tor 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does TG Tor 10 tablet cause acidity?
Q: What dietary restrictions should I follow while taking TG Tor 10 tablet?
- Avoid fried and junk food.
- Avoid carbonated drinks.
- Avoid having grapefruit juice with this medicine.
- Have the last meal of the day at least 3-4 hours before bedtime.
Q: Can I stop taking TG Tor 10 tablet on my own?
Q: Is TG Tor 10 tablet good for cholesterol?
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking my TG Tor 10 tablet?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 03 September 2022]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 03 September 2022]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 03 September 2022]