Tenglyn M 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tenglyn 500mg tablet is a combination of Teneligliptin and Metformin which helps control the blood sugar levels within normal limits. The medicine controls blood sugar levels by both increasing insulin production and decreasing glucose production. Along with this medicine, it is recommended to follow a healthy lifestyle that includes daily exercise and a healthy diet to keep the blood sugar levels under control. You may experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, indigestion and signs of low blood sugar levels that include feeling weak, dizzy, irritable, tremors and sweating while taking this medicine.
Uses of Tenglyn M 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- It is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus along with an appropriate diet and exercise.
Contraindications of Tenglyn M 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have liver or severe kidney problems.
- If you are an alcoholic.
- If you are in a state of diabetic coma due to a sudden rise or drop in blood sugar level.
- If you have type1 diabetes mellitus.
- If you have a severe infection or you have gone through surgery.
- You have a known history of pancreatitis.
Side effects of Tenglyn M 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Low blood sugar level, be watchful for the symptoms of low blood sugar like trembling, sweating, mood disorders, blurred vision, tingling lips, paleness, irritability or confusion
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Rashes, itching, allergy
- Inflammation in pancreas
- Decrease of vitamin B12
- Lactic acidosis (too much acid in the body)
Precautions and Warnings of Tenglyn M 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Tenglyn 500mg tablets during pregnancy?
Generally, in pregnancy-related diabetes, insulin is preferred over any oral medicines. Your doctor will mostly not prescribe this medicine during pregnancy. Do not use this medicine in pregnancy without a doctor's prescription.
Can I take Tenglyn 500mg tablets while breastfeeding?
It is not advised to take this medicine during breastfeeding. It can harm the new-born baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tenglyn 500mg tablets?
After taking this, there are chances that your blood sugar level will fall. You may experience faintness, confusion and increased sweating. So, it would be best if you take extra care when you are driving. Keep a juice or chocolate handy while driving and in case you start experiencing any of these symptoms, immediately have it.
Can I consume alcohol with Tenglyn 500mg tablets?
- Alcohol lowers the blood sugar level which can be dangerous and it also increases the risk of a serious condition called lactic acidosis.
- Alcohol can also increase the risk of developing the serious side effect of pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas).
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have any known history of inflammation of the pancreas or develop sudden pain in the stomach or back, immediately stop this medicine and report to the hospital.
- If you have a liver or heart problem like irregular heartbeats and heart failure.
- If you are suffering from continuous diarrhoea, vomiting and loss of body fluids.
- If you are suffering from liver and kidney function problems.
- If you have an irregular diet, habit of excessive alcohol intake and intense exercise.
- If you have a history of any abdomen surgery.
- If you are on other blood sugar control medicines like Glimepiride because it can cause a drop in blood sugar level.
- If you experience muscle pain, stomach pain, vomiting, difficulty in breathing and low body temperature. It could be a serious condition known as lactic acidosis.
Mode of Action of Tenglyn M 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Teneligliptin in this medicine works by increasing insulin secretion from the pancreas by inhibiting the enzyme dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP4), whereas Metformin decreases the production of glucose from the liver, the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine and increases the insulin sensitivity.
Directions for Use of Tenglyn M 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Take this medicine with or after a meal to reduce its side effects.
- Consult your doctor for the appropriate dosage.
- Take this tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Tenglyn M 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- If you need to take an injection of iodine-containing contrast medium into your bloodstream, for an X-ray or scan, your doctor will ask you to stop taking this medicine before or at the time of injection.read less
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like Metformin, Insulin, Canagliflozin and Liraglutide.
- Medicines like Phenelzine used to treat mood disorders.
- Medicines for fever and pain (salicylates like aspirin).
- Medicines that are used to treat high blood pressure like Atenolol, Propranolol and Verapamil.
- You may have high blood sugar if you are taking medicines for thyroid disorder and /or medicines that modify your immune system.
- Never take this medicine if you are taking medicines like Quinidine, Sotalol, Procainamide and Amiodarone as it may cause heart rhythm problems and cardiac arrest.
Interactions with food items
- Absorption of vitamin B12 appears to be reduced during long-term Metformin therapy and annual screening of serum vitamin B12 levels and red blood cell parameters has been recommended.
Storage and disposal of Tenglyn M 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place. Keep this medicine away from children and pets. Dispose all the medicines after their expiry date.
Dosage of Tenglyn M 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- In case of an overdose, lactic acidosis may occur. Symptoms of lactic acidosis are vomiting, stomach and muscle cramps, difficulty in breathing.read less
- In case of an overdose, seek medical help immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What kind of food should I include in my diet?
- A diet high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water every day.
- Carry a fruit or some low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What should I avoid doing, being a diabetic patient?
- You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food, do not shop when you are hungry.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan and fried rice.
- Stop having daals with ghee or deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables and vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: Who should not take Tenepride M 500 tablet?
- Those who are allergic to metformin and/ or teneligliptin.
- Those who are suffering from severe kidney disease, severe liver disease.
- Those who are suffering from long term heart diseases (congestive heart failure).
- Those who are suffering from a condition like lactic acidosis or diabetic ketoacidosis (your body produces high levels of blood acids called ketones).
Q: How will this medicine affect my weight?
- Tenglyn M 500 is a combination of teneligliptin and metformin. Studies have shown metformin containing medicines help in weight loss rather than weight gain.
Q: I have experienced diarrhoea on taking Tenglyn M 500 tablet, is it normal?
- Diarrhoea, indigestion, gases, nausea, loss of appetite are among the common side-effects experienced while taking this medicine, thus generally it is mild and short-lived and does not require medical intervention. In case you experience severe diarrhoea, it may be because of some other underlying problem, in such cases kindly consult your doctor immediately.read less
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Mar 2021 | 11:19 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved