Tenefit M 20/500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SYSTOPIC LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tenefit M tablet is an oral antidiabetic medicine that contains Teneligliptin and Metformin. It is used in controlling Type 2 diabetes mellitus. Tenefit M 500mg tablet helps to maintain your blood sugar levels under control by increasing insulin production and decreasing glucose production. It is advisable to take this medicine in the correct dose as prescribed by your doctor. Long term use of this medicine can cause low levels of Vitamin B12. This medicine helps to prevent diabetes-related serious complications like damage to the eyes, kidneys, nerves. You may experience certain side effects like low blood sugar levels (trembling, sweating, mood disorders, blurred vision, tingling lips, paleness, irritability or confusion), nausea, stomach pain, constipation and fatigue. It is advised that you should follow a proper diet and exercise to achieve better blood sugar controls.
Uses of Tenefit M 20/500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
It is used to treat Type 2 diabetes mellitus along with an appropriate diet and exercise.
Contraindications of Tenefit M 20/500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have liver or severe kidney problems.
- If you are an alcoholic.
- If you are in a state of a diabetic coma due to a sudden rise or drop in blood sugar level.
- If you have type1 diabetes mellitus.
- If you have a severe infection or you have gone through surgery.
- You have a known history of pancreatitis.
Side effects of Tenefit M 20/500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Low blood sugar level, be watchful for symptoms of low blood sugar like trembling, sweating, mood disorders, blurred vision, tingling lips, paleness, irritability or confusion
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Rashes, itching, allergy
- Inflammation in the pancreas
- Decrease of vitamin B12
- Lactic acidosis (too much acid in the body)
Precautions and Warnings of Tenefit M 20/500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Tenefit M 500mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Generally, in pregnancy-related diabetes, insulin is preferred over any oral medicines. Your doctor will mostly not prescribe this medicine to you in pregnancy. Do not use this medicine during pregnancy without a doctor’s advice.
Can I take the Tenefit M 500mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not advised to breastfeed during the treatment. It can harm the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Tenefit M 500mg Tablet?
After taking this, there are chances your blood sugar can fall. You may experience faintness, confusion and increased sweating. So, it would be best if you take extra care when driving. Keep a juice or chocolate handy while driving and in case you start experiencing any of these symptoms, immediately have it.
Can I consume alcohol with the Tenefit M 500mg Tablet?
- Alcohol lowers blood sugar which can be dangerous and also increases the risk of a serious condition called lactic acidosis.
- Alcohol can also increase the risk of developing the serious side effect of pancreatitis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have a known history of pancreatitis or develop sudden pain in the stomach or back, immediately stop this medicine and report to the hospital.
- If you have a liver or heart problem like irregular heartbeats and heart failure.
- If you are suffering from continuous diarrhoea, vomiting and loss of body fluids.
- If you have serious liver and kidney function problems.
- If you have an irregular diet, habit of excessive alcohol intake and intense exercise.
- If you have a history of any abdomen surgery.
- If you are using other medicines like Glimepiride because it can cause a drop in blood sugar level.
- If you experience muscle pain, stomach pain, vomiting, difficulty in breathing and low body temperature. It could be a serious condition known as lactic acidosis.
Mode of Action of Tenefit M 20/500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Teneligliptin in this medicine works by increasing the insulin secretion from the pancreas by inhibiting the enzyme dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP4), whereas Metformin decreases the production of glucose from the liver, the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine and increases insulin sensitivity.
Directions for Use of Tenefit M 20/500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Consult your doctor for the appropriate dosage
- Take this medicine with or after a meal to reduce its side effects
- Take this tablet as a whole with a glass of water, do not break or crush the tablet
- Do not consume any medicine that has passed its expiry date
Interactions of Tenefit M 20/500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- If you need to take an injection of iodine-containing contrast medium into your bloodstream, for an X-ray or scan, your doctor will ask you to stop taking this medicine before or at the time of injection.read less
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like Metformin, Insulin, Canagliflozin and Liraglutide.
- Medicines like Phenelzine used to treat mood disorders.
- Medicines for fever and pain (salicylates like aspirin).
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure like Atenolol, Propranolol and Verapamil.
- You may have high blood sugar if you are taking medicines for thyroid disorder and/or medicines that modify your immune system.
- Never take this medicine if you are taking medicines like Quinidine, Sotalol, Procainamide and Amiodarone as it may cause heart rhythm problems and heart attack.
Other general Interactions
Absorption of vitamin B12 appears to be reduced during long-term Metformin therapy and annual screening of serum vitamin B12 levels and red blood cell parameters has been recommended.
Storage and disposal of Tenefit M 20/500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place. Dispose of any medicine if it has passed its expiry date. Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Tenefit M 20/500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- It is always recommended to take the Tenefit M tablet in the correct dose and for the exact duration as recommended by your doctor.
- In case of an overdose, lactic acidosis (too much accumulation of acid) may occur.
- Symptoms of lactic acidosis are vomiting, stomach and muscle cramps, difficulty in breathing.
- Taking more than the recommended medicine may also cause too low blood sugar levels with symptoms like sweating, trembling, weakness, blackout, shaking and confusion.
- You must seek immediate emergency medical care if you suspect an overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What kind of food should I include in my diet?
- A diet high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very little use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Carry a fruit or low-calorie high-fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What should I avoid doing, being a diabetic patient?
- You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food, do not shop when you are hungry.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee or deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables and vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: Does this medicine lead to weight gain?
A: No, this medicine is not known to cause weight gain.
Q: Why am I told to keep a check on my vitamin B12 levels?
A: This tablet is a combination of Teneligliptin and Metformin, that helps in maintaining blood sugar levels. Long term use of metformin is associated with decreased levels of vitamin B12, thus you are recommended to keep a check on these levels regularly.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 16 Apr 2021 | 04:53 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved