Telmikind Am 80mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Telmikind Am 80mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Telmikind AM 80 tablet is an antihypertensive medicine. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It is a combination medicine containing telmisartan and amlodipine as its active ingredien
ts. Along with the medicine you need to follow some diet and lifestyle modifications like a low salt diet and daily exercise. You should not take any potassium supplements during the treatment because it may increase the blood potassium level. Telmikind AM 80 tablet should be taken in the exact dose and duration as directed by the doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Telmikind Am 80mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Telmikind Am 80mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have a known allergy to telmisartan, amlodipine, or any of the ingredients of Telmikind AM 80 tablet.
- If you have diabetes and are taking a medicine containing aliskiren. If you are not sure what this medicine is, please confirm with your doctor.
Side effects of Telmikind Am 80mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Telmikind Am 80mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You are planning for a pregnancy.
- You experience a sudden drop in blood pressure.
- You are taking potassium supplements.
- You are already taking other medicines to treat blood pressure (like aliskiren).
- You are suffering from any kind of heart problem.
- You have a history of heart failure.
Mode of Action of Telmikind Am 80mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Telmikind AM 80 tablet is a combination of two medicines - telmisartan and amlodipine.
- Amlodipine prevents calcium entry into the cells of the heart and blood vessels and relaxes the arteries so that blood can flow easily.
- Telmisartan works by blocking the formation of a chemical called angiotensin II in the body responsible for the tightening of blood vessels.
- The combined action of these two ingredients relaxes the blood vessels and makes the heart more efficient to pump the blood throughout the body which helps in lowering the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Telmikind Am 80mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telmikind AM 80 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break, or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Telmikind Am 80mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Telmikind AM 80 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- If you have diabetes and are also taking aliskiren, do not use this medicine.
- Simultaneous use of Telmikind AM 80 tablet and heart-related medicines like digoxin should be avoided.
- An excess drop in blood pressure may occur if you are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines, and antibiotics along with Telmikind AM 80 tablet.
- Concomitant use of this medicine and painkillers should be avoided as it may impair kidney functions.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are lithium, water pills, and immunosuppressants like cyclosporin.
Interactions with food items
- You should avoid taking grapefruit juice with this medicine.
- It is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods like spinach and potatoes.
Storage and disposal of Telmikind Am 80mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Telmikind AM 80 tablets at room temperature protected from light and moisture.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Telmikind Am 80mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can potassium supplements be taken along with Telmikind AM 80 tablet?
- Telmikind AM 80 tablet is known to increase blood potassium levels. So it is advised not to take any supplements containing potassium or potassium salts with this medicine.
- Doctors may also ask for regular tests to determine blood potassium during the treatment.
Q: What kind of diet should I follow?
- Try to have less amount of potassium-containing foods like mushrooms, pea, cucumber, banana, etc.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil).
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Limit intake of salt in the diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided.
Q: Can I take Telmikind AM 80 tablet on an empty stomach?
Q: What are some other precautions I should take during the treatment?
Q: What is Telmikind AM 80 used for?
Q: For how long should I take Telmikind AM 80?
- AMLOPRES-TL Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 20 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 Apr 2022]
- Prevent High Blood Pressure | cdc.gov [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2022 [cited 20 Apr 2022]
- Does grapefruit affect my medicine? [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 20 Apr 2022]
- How alcohol affects blood pressure [Internet]. Mayo Clinic. 2022 [cited 20 Apr 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Telmikind 40 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telmikind Am 40 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telmikind H 40 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telmikind Amh Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telmikind 20 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telmikind Beta 50 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telmikind H 80 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telmikind Ct 40 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telmikind Beta 25 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telmikind 80 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets