Teczine 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Teczine 10 tablet is an antiallergic medicine used in allergic conditions such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives. It is also useful to treat symptoms s
uch as allergy due to dust, pet allergies and insect bite. Teczine 10 tablet contains levocetirizine as its active ingredient. Allergic symptoms appear due to the production of a chemical in the body, namely histamine. Teczine 10 tablet works by blocking the actions of histamine. Avoid driving and handling any machinery, as this medicine makes you less alert....
Uses of Teczine 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Teczine 10 tablet is used to treat allergic symptoms such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives.
- It is also used to relieve symptoms of allergy due to dust, pet allergies and insect bite.
Contraindications of Teczine 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine or any other ingredients of Teczine 10 tablet
- If you have any liver disease
Side effects of Teczine 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Increased heart rate
- Altered sense of taste
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Teczine 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Teczine 10 tablet during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the safety of Teczine 10 tablet in pregnant women. Hence, it is better to avoid this medicine in pregnancy unless specified by your physician.
Can I take Teczine 10 tablet while breastfeeding?
A small and occasional dose of Teczine 10 tablet is probably acceptable if you are breastfeeding but larger doses or more prolonged use may lead to cause drowsiness and other effects in the infant or decrease the milk supply. Consult with your doctor before consuming this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Teczine 10 tablet?
Caution is advised as taking Teczine 10 tablet may lead to drowsiness, tiredness and exhaustion. Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
Can I consume alcohol with Teczine 10 tablet?
Avoid drinking alcohol as it may cause an additional reduction in alertness and impairment of performance.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problems or urinary retention problems, your doctor may suggest lowering the dose of this medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching and redness immediately after you stop taking this medicine.
- You are going to take for any allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
Mode of Action of Teczine 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Histamine is a substance produced in our body in case of allergies and responsible for itching, runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes. Teczine 10 tablet works by blocking the action of histamine and re
lieves allergy symptoms....
Directions for Use of Teczine 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Take Teczine 10 tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Interactions of Teczine 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medications that may interact with the Teczine 10 tablet are theophylline (used to treat symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and ritonavir (used to treat HIV).
- Some medicines can affect the way the Teczine 10 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....Read more
Storage and disposal of Teczine 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Teczine 10 tablet at room temperature and away from excessive heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Teczine 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose may include dizziness, nausea, rash or allergic reactions. If this happens to you, inform your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose of Teczine 10 tablet as early as you remember. Skip the missed dose and avoid taking extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for Teczine 10 tablet to work?
A: You can see the improvement within an hour of taking Teczine 10 tablet. However, it may take some time to notice the full benefits.
Q: Does Teczine 10 tablet make you tired and drowsy?
A: Yes, Teczine 10 tablet can make you tired, sleepy and weak.
Q: How long should I continue taking Teczine 10 tablet?
A: The duration of the medicine depends upon the condition for which you are taking Teczine 10 tablet. You may have to take this medicine for a longer duration if you are using it to treat symptoms of chronic urticaria or chronic allergic rhinitis (inflammation of the nose). Consult with your doctor if you are not sure about the duration of using this medicine.
Q: Can I take Teczine 10 tablet along with paracetamol?
A: Yes, Teczine 10 tablet can be taken along with paracetamol as no interaction is found between these two. Consult your doctor before taking it.
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
- Drugs H. Levocetirizine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
- Levocetirizine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
- Ba. Levocetirizine Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 24 Jun 2021 | 11:16 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Get FREE HbA1c test + Flat 15% off on 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved