Tazobac 4.5gm Inj
By ADLEY FORMULATION
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tazobac 4.5gm Inj contains a combination of Piperacillin sodium and Tazobactam sodium. It belongs to a class of penicillin antibiotics.
|You Save||₹42.71 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Piperacillin + Tazobactam
Uses of Tazobac 4.5gm Inj
Treatment of serious and complicated infections caused by bacteria such as stomach and abdominal infection, skin and soft tissue infections, diabetic foot infections due to diabetes and pneumonia. It is to be used only when infection cannot be controlled by other antibiotics....
Contraindications of Tazobac 4.5gm Inj
- If you are allergic to Piperacillin and Tazobactam or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like Cephalosporins, Monobactam and Carbapenem.
Side effects of Tazobac 4.5gm Inj
- Stomach pain
- Fungal infection (candidiasis)
- Inflammation and swelling at the injection site.
Precautions and Warnings of Tazobac 4.5gm Inj
Can I take Tazobac 4.5gm Inj during pregnancy?
- It is advisable not to take this medicine during pregnancy as it passes the placental barrier
- However, it can be given to you by your doctor if required after assessing the benefits over risks
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Tazobac 4.5gm Inj while breastfeeding?
The component of this medicine passes into breast milk and known to cause fungal infection of mouth and diarhhea in babies. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding, your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tazobac 4.5gm Inj?
No information is available on the effect of this medicine on the ability to drive or use machines. However, if you experience any side effects after taking this medicine, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Tazobac 4.5gm Inj?
No information is available on interaction of this medicine with alcohol. However, consuming alcohol may exaggerate the side effects of this medicine. Thus, it is advisable not to consume alcohol when you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions to Penicillin, Cephalosporins, Carbapenems
- You develop serious skin disorders like painful rashes along with flu
- You have diarrhea and pus in your stool after taking this medicine, immediately stop the medicine and report to your doctor
- You experience bleeding disorders or taking blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin
- You experience fits or convulsions
- You have problems with kidney function
- You have weakness, fatigue, muscle cramps or low levels of potassium.
Mode of Action of Tazobac 4.5gm Inj
How Does It Work?
Tazobac 4.5gm Inj acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Piperacillin Tazobactam inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Piperacillin to function optimally....
Directions for Use of Tazobac 4.5gm Inj
This medicine will be given in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self inject this medicine.
Interactions of Tazobac 4.5gm Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to relax the muscles during surgery like Vecuronium
- Close monitoring of blood function is required if you are on medicine used to stop blood clotting like Warfarin
- Medicines used to treat certain types of cancers like methotrexate
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid
- If you have kidney problems and you are taking antibiotics like Tobramycin, Gentamicin and Vancomycin.
Storage and disposal of Tazobac 4.5gm Inj
- Store this medicine at or below 25°C
- Protect it from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
- Any unused portion should not be stored and discard it properly.
Dosage of Tazobac 4.5gm Inj
Your doctor or nurse will give this injection. Therefore it is less likely to provide you with more or less of this medicine. However, if you experience loose motions, nausea, vomiting and fits immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor as soon as possible....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that you will be missing any dose. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them. It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in fail of therapy....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from flu-like common cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is for treating severe infections caused by bacteria and not viral infections. This medicine should only be taken when prescribed by the doctor.
Q: I am on a restricted salt diet, can I take this medicine?
- No, as this medicine contains an ample amount of sodium, it is advisable to be very cautious and discuss your dietary restrictions with your doctor before taking this medicine.