Taxim O Cv Dry Syp
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
30ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Taxim O Cv dry syrup is used to treat various bacterial infections. It contains cefixime which belongs to the class of cephalosporins, and clavulanic acid, which belongs to the beta-lactamase inhibitor....
|You Save||₹21.40 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Cefixime(50.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(31.25 Mg)|
|Side effects||diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dizziness, skin rash|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefixime(50.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(31.25 Mg)
Uses of Taxim O Cv Dry Syp
- Bacterial infection
Contraindications of Taxim O Cv Dry Syp
- Kidney disease
- History of severe allergic reaction to components of the medicine
- History of jaundice
- History of liver impairment due to clavulanic acid
Side effects of Taxim O Cv Dry Syp
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Taxim O Cv Dry Syp
Can I use Taxim o cv dry syrup during pregnancy?
No direct or indirect harmful effects were noted during animal studies concerning pregnancy and fetal development. However, due to limited well-controlled studies in pregnant women, taxim o cv syrup should be avoided during pregnancy unless considered necessary by the physician.
Is Taxim o cv dry syrup safe to use while breastfeeding?
The contents of taxim are excreted in breast milk; therefore, the risk of sensitization should be considered. Before taking this syrup during breastfeeding, weigh the potential advantages against the potential hazards and follow the doctor's advice.
Does this medication affect the ability to drive?
No studies have been performed correlating the effects of this medication on driving. However, if adverse effects occur, e.g. nausea, encephalopathy or dizziness, it might influence the driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Taxim-O cv syrup.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to cefixime or clavulanic acid
- You have a history of severe cutaneous adverse reaction
- You are allergic to penicillin
- You have hemolytic anaemia
- You have acute kidney failure
- You have a history of gastrointestinal disease
- You have pseudomembranous colitis
- You have liver or kidney damage
- You are already taking any other antibiotic
- You are taking herbal medications or nutritional supplements
Mode of Action of Taxim O Cv Dry Syp
How Does It Work?
Clavulanic acid is an inhibitor of bacterial beta-lactamase enzymes. It works by stopping the growth cycle of bacteria. Cefixime binds to penicillin-binding proteins, inhibiting the final step in the bacterial cell wall production, resulting in bacterial cell death....
Directions for Use of Taxim O Cv Dry Syp
- Take Taxim o cv syrup as per the doctor's prescription
- Shake well before use
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose per day
Interactions of Taxim O Cv Dry Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- The therapeutic efficacy of BCG vaccines can be decreased when used with medicine containing clavulanic acid
- When co-administered with methotrexate, it may increase the hepatotoxicity of clavulanic acid
- Enhance anticoagulants effects; prolonged prothrombin time are seen if co-administered with coumarin-type anticoagulants like warfarin
- Concomitant use of furosemide with cefixime may increase the risk of kidney
Storage and disposal of Taxim O Cv Dry Syp
Store in a cool and dry place at a temperature of no more than 25° C Keep it away from heat and moisture Do not flush the contents of the medicine It should be discarded safely; ask the pharmacist or doctor about the safe ways to discard the medicine...
Dosage of Taxim O Cv Dry Syp
In case of overdose, gastrointestinal symptoms and gastric disturbances are generally evident, including abdominal pain, vomiting, and diarrhoea. Therefore, discontinue the use of taxim syrup and inform the doctor or visit the nearest hospital...
Missed a Dose
If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If the next dose is approaching, skip the missing dose. Instead, take your next dose at the same time every day. To catch up, do not increase the dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there anything I should do before commencing the treatment?
A: Before initiating the treatment, you should inform the doctor about previous allergic reactions to penicillins, cephalosporins, or other allergens. You should give a detailed history of your previous medical conditions, surgeries and allergies.
Q: What is dry syrup?
- Dry syrups are pharmaceutical preparations that are contained in powder form. To administer the powdered medication, it is dissolved in sterile water and shaken to mix the contents.
Q: How long does Taxim-O dry syrup takes to work?
A: It starts working immediately; however, it may take a few days to kill all the harmful bacteria.
Q: Can I stop taking Taxim o cv dry syrup when I feel better?
A: No, you should not stop the medication abruptly. Instead, you should take medicine for the prescribed duration even if you feel better to help eradicate the infection completely.
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 28 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5534/smpc#
- Cefixime: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 28 March 2022]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a690007.html#
- Co-amoxiclav 500 mg/125 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 28 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/4078/smpc#
TAXIM O CV
Country of Origin
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.