By DEWCARE CONCEPT PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Taxidol tablets help ease moderate to severe pain. It combines two main ingredients: Tramadol and Aceclofenac. Aceclofenac helps reduce fever and inflammation (redness, swelling), while Tramadol is a pain-relieving medicine. Uses of Taxidol tablets include managing acute and chronic pain for a short duration. These tablets help manage pain in many situations such as joint pain, muscle pain, pain due to chronic diseases, accidental injuries, arthritis, etc. The mode of action of Taxidol tablets is by blocking the chemical pain messengers in the brain that tell us when we are experiencing pain. When taken in the advised dosage, it is considered a safe medication and can help reduce discomfort due to pain. If you already have kidney or liver-related illnesses, consult your doctor before taking this medication. Some people might experience withdrawal effects after using this medicine for a long time. Try not to use this continuously for more than five days. Consult your doctor for more insight. Few side effects of Taxidol tablets can be experienced with this medication; however, it is rare to have an allergic reaction....
|You Save||₹9.00 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Acute or chronic moderate to severe pain|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Constipation, Headache, Stomach Pain, Shortness Of Breath.|
|Classification||ANALGESIC FOR SEVERE PAIN|
Check more medicines with composition as Aceclofenac + Tramadol
Uses of Taxidol Tab
- As per CDSCO, the Taxidol tablet can be used to manage acute pain in adults in the short term (for a few days).
- It can also be used in the management of moderate to severe pain.
Contraindications of Taxidol Tab
- If you are allergic to any active component of these Taxidol tablets.
- If you have liver failure or other conditions that affect the liver's functioning.
- If you have severe kidney-related disorders.
- If you are suffering from breathing disorders such as asthma.
- If you have stomach bleeding or perforation, this medicine can worsen your condition due to increased bleeding.
- If you have paralytic ileus (no intestinal movements).
- If your body has been in shock (very low blood pressure), with not enough blood to pump to all body parts.
- Please do not give this to children under 17 years without consulting a doctor, as it contains tramadol, an opioid pain reliever, contraindicated in children.
Side effects of Taxidol Tab
- Abdominal pain
- Stomach pain
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of Taxidol Tab
Can I take the Taxidol Tablet during pregnancy?
Consult your doctor before taking a Taxidol tablet if you are pregnant. This medicine contains Tramadol, which is usually not advised for pregnant women as there is limited data regarding the safety of this medicine in pregnant women. Besides, animal research has also shown some harmful effects on the development of unborn babies.
Can I take the Taxidol Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is no adequate data regarding the outcomes of the Taxidol tablet on breastfeeding babies and mothers. It contains tramadol, an opioid pain reliever, which is not usually recommended for nursing women. Consult your doctor if you experience any problems with managing pain.
Can I drive if I have taken the Taxidol Tablet?
No, Taxidol tablets have tramadol, an opioid pain reliever. It causes side effects like dizziness, tiredness, slow reflexes, double and blurred vision. Therefore, do not drive if you have taken this medication.
Can I consume alcohol with the Taxidol Tablet?
No, do not consume alcohol with a Taxidol tablet. It exaggerates the effects of alcohol. It can cause side effects like drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, unconsciousness, dizziness, etc.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a seizure disorder.
- You have been diagnosed with active liver inflammation like Hepatitis C infection.
- You suffer from malnutrition.
- You are vomiting due to any reason.
- You are an older adult over the age of 65 years. The dose of this medicine should be carefully monitored in older patients to avoid serious side effects.
- You have a heart condition.
- You have a dental or any other surgical procedure planned.
- You are consuming any ayurvedic or herbal medicines or supplements, as some of them can interact with Taxidol tablets and result in serious side effects.
- It is better to try and take this medicine with food, as it can result in stomach discomfort or stomach pain if taken on an empty stomach.
Mode of Action of Taxidol Tab
How Does It Work?
Taxidol tablet consists of tramadol, and aceclofenac as its two active components. Aceclofenac works as an anti-analgesic (pain reliever) and antipyretic (lowers fever). These components work by decreasing the production of chemical substances like prostaglandins, responsible for pain and inflammation in the body. They also help regulate the body temperature by working on specific areas in the brain (hypothalamic heat-regulating centre). Tramadol blocks pain signals from reaching various parts of the body. It blocks the pain pathways by binding to specific receptors in the nervous system. It also increases the amount of norepinephrine and serotonin, the chemical messengers responsible for reducing pain, thus resulting in a more calming effect....
Directions for Use of Taxidol Tab
- Take the Taxidol tablet in the suggested duration & dosage.
- Consume it as soon as you open the pack.
- Try to swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water, and don't chew.
- Try to take this medicine on time as suggested by your doctor.
- Try to take it with food to avoid stomach discomfort.
- Check the expiration date before using it.
- Consult the doctor before giving this tablet to a child.
Interactions of Taxidol Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take the Taxidol tablet with other pain medications with similar active ingredients, as they can cause serious adverse effects due to overdose. It can also damage the liver.
- Do not take a Taxidol tablet with certain antidepressants like MAO inhibitors (linezolid, naltrexone, methylene blue, etc.). They can result in exaggerated side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, tremors, lethargy, and vomiting....
- Try not to take Taxidol tablets with other medicines such as sleeping pills, muscle relaxants, cold medicine, antihistamines (anti-allergy medicine) like cetirizine and diphenhydramine, as they can result in increased drowsiness....
Storage and disposal of Taxidol Tab
Store Taxidol tablets in dry conditions at room temperature. Keep the tablets away from wet surfaces, direct sunlight, and humid conditions. Keep the Taxidol tablet away from children and pets. Dispose of the packaging carefully after using the medication. Throw Taxidol tablets away if the package has been already opened or damaged....
Dosage of Taxidol Tab
Taxidol tablet overdose can cause abdominal pain, dizziness, fainting, vomiting, seizures, low blood sugar, sweating, cardiac arrest, lethargy, low blood pressure, liver problems (yellow skin and eyes), confusion, and loss of consciousness. In case of Taxidol tablet overdose, please seek immediate medical treatment from the nearest medical centre....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of the Taxidol tablet, take it as soon as possible. If it's already time to take the next tablet, skip the missed one and take the next dose of Taxidol tablets. Do not take both of them at the same time, as it can lead to many side effects. Ask your doctor if you have any confusion about the dosage....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should I stop taking Taxidol tablets?
A: It would be best to take Taxidol tablets as advised by your doctor. It is only recommended as a short-term treatment for relieving pain. You can stop using it once the pain has subsided. However, if you have any concerns regarding when to stop, please consult your doctor.
Q: Is it ok to take a Taxidol tablet if I have a cold and use medication for it?
A: Many of the medications used in cold, cough and allergy tablets can lead to drowsiness, dizziness, and slow breathing. When combined with a Taxidol tablet, these side effects can be worsened. Therefore, try to take these medications only after consulting your doctor.
Q: Can I use a Taxidol tablet with other pain-relieving medications?
A: Don't take other pain medicines with similar ingredients while using a Taxidol tablet. It increases the risk of overdose, which can cause symptoms like dizziness, stomach bleeding, liver failure, kidney failure, stomach ulcers, etc. Consult your doctor if the pain has not subsided.
- Silberstein SD;Freitag FG;Rozen TD;Kudrow DB;Hewitt DJ;Jordan DM;Fisher AC;Rosenthal NR; ; Tramadol/acetaminophen for the treatment of acute migraine pain: Findings of a randomized, placebo-controlled trial [Internet]. Headache. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Mar 18]. Available from:
- ACECLOFENAC 100 mg film-coated tablets [Internet]. Aceclofenac 100 mg film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc). [cited 2022 Mar 18]. Available from:
- Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. Q&A: Use of codeine and tramadol products in Breastfeeding Women [Internet]. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. FDA; [cited 2022 Mar 18]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Mar 18]. Available from:
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.