Tamimex 10mg Tablets
Tamimex 10 MG Description
Tamimex Tablet contains tamoxifen as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of breast cancer. It helps reduce the risk of developing breast cancer in pre & postmenopausal women. This med
icine should be taken as instructed by your doctor. The dose and frequency will be decided by your doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water, with or without water. Never miss any dose or consume it more than what is recommended. Tamimex Tablet is not recommended for use in children and adolescents. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Tamimex 10 MG
- Tamimex Tablet is used to treat breast cancer.
- It also helps in reducing the risk of developing breast cancer in pre & postmenopausal women who are at high risk of developing it.
Contraindications of Tamimex 10 MG
- If you are allergic to tamoxifen or any other ingredients of Tamimex Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are being treated for infertility.
- If you or your family members have a history of blood clots.
- If you are on any medications to prevent blood clots like blood thinners (warfarin).
- If you are taking anastrozole to treat breast cancer.
Side effects of Tamimex 10 MG
- Hot flushes (Sudden feeling of warmth)
- Fluid retention
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Tamimex 10 MG
- Tamimex Tablets must not be used during pregnancy, as it may be unsafe.
- You must take proper birth control measures (condom, diaphragm or coil) while on treatment and for at least 2 months after discontinuing the treatment.
- It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
- Tamimex Tablet is not recommended while breastfeeding as it is unknown if Tamoxifen passes into the breastmilk.
- Thus, your doctor will decide whether to discontinue the medicine or breastfeed.
- It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during breastfeeding.
Other General Warnings
- You are at risk of developing blood clots.
- You are to undergo an operation.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
- Before starting the treatment, your doctor may evaluate the risk of you developing breast cancer.
- Tamimex Tablet is not recommended for patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Tamimex 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tamimex 10 MG
- Tamimex Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Tamimex 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tamimex Tablets may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Tamimex Tablet along with medicines like anastrozole, letrozole, exemestane (used to treat breast cancer) and blood thinners like warfarin should be used with caution as it may alter its effects....
- Medicines like rifampicin (antibiotic), Paroxetine, Fluoxetine, Bupropion (used to treat your mental health), Quinidine (used in heart problems), should be used with caution along with Tamimex Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Tamimex 10 MG
Dosage of Tamimex 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of the Tamimex Tablet?
Q: How to take Tamimex Tablet?
Q: Can Tamimex Tablets be used in children?
- Tamoxifen 20mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Tamoxifen 20mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]