Taloprex Ls 5mg Tablet
Taloprex Ls 5 MG Description
Taloprex Ls tablet is a combination of two prescription medications. It has Clonazepam and Escitalopram. Clonazepam is a tranquilliser (medicine that reduces anxiety and fear). Escitalopram is an ant
idepressant and helps stabilise mood. Controlling the signs of anxiety disorder, mood disorders, and comorbid depression are the common uses of Taloprex Ls tablets. All types of psychological disorders such as anxiety and depression affect how one feels and drastically lower the quality of life. The mode of action of Taloprex Ls tablets is by decreasing the excess activity of nerves in the brain and stabilising mood. The medicine also generates a calming effect and sedation. Sleepiness, fatigue, diarrhoea, abdomen issues, and slow heart rate are side effects of Taloprex Ls tablets. Closely monitoring dose is essential in older adults and those with liver and kidney conditions. This medication can cause physical dependence in the long term. It is crucial to inform the doctor of the user's medical history and current medications to check for interactions. Follow the physicians' directions for using Taloprex Ls Tablet carefully.
|You Save||₹12.52 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety, Major Depressive Disorder, Panic Disorder|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Fatigue, abdominal issues, Slow heart rate, Problems with memory and concentration, Uncoordinated body movements, Changes in sexual function|
Uses of Taloprex Ls 5 MG
- As per CDSCO, the Taloprex Ls tablet is used for the following conditions -
- In the management of symptoms of anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and other mood disorders
- In the management of the symptoms of comorbid depression (depression associated with other disorders)
Contraindications of Taloprex Ls 5 MG
- If you have any allergic reaction to the components of Taloprex Ls tablets.
- If you are using other anti-anxiety or sedatives, they can interfere with Taloprex Ls tablets and cause adverse reactions.
- If you have a seizure disorder and are on antiepileptic (anti-seizure) medication.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have a previous history of alcohol addiction or drug/substance abuse, mental health disorder, depression, etc.
- If you have acute-angle glaucoma (high fluid pressure inside the eye), Taloprex Ls tablets can worsen the condition.
Side effects of Taloprex Ls 5 MG
- abdominal issues
- Slow heart rate
- Problems with memory and concentration
- Uncoordinated body movements
- Changes in sexual function
Precautions and Warnings of Taloprex Ls 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are under 18 years of age; the Taloprex Ls medicine's safety in children is not clearly established.
- You experience persistent side effects.
- You are an older adult over 65; this medicine can cause increased side effects due to slow metabolism.
- You have a respiratory disease; use this medicine with caution.
- You are using Ayurvedic or herbal medicines or supplements, notify your doctor as some can cause serious side effects when taken with Taloprex Ls tablets.
- You are planning for medical surgery or a dental procedure.
Mode of Action of Taloprex Ls 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Taloprex Ls 5 MG
- Take Taloprex Ls tablets exactly in the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not take an additional dose than the advised dosage, even if you do not notice its effects.
- Try to take the whole tablet with a glass of water; do not break or chew it.
- Do not take Taloprex Ls tablets with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use these tablets if their packaging is damaged.
- Do not suddenly stop using Taloprex Ls tablets.
- Take this medicine with or without food. In case of any stomach issues, take it after meals.
Interactions of Taloprex Ls 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not use other antidepressant medicines like Fluoxetine, Paroxetine, etc., with Taloprex Ls tablets. This combination can increase serotonin levels and cause serotonin toxicity which lead to severe side effects and even death....
- It can be dangerous to use anti-anxiety and mood disorder treatments, such as linezolid, moclobemide, selegiline, etc., along with the Taloprex Ls tablet, as it can cause severe reactions. They inhibit serotonin metabolism and can result in serotonin levels that are high enough to cause Serotonin Syndrome, which can lead to life-threatening symptoms....
- It is better not to take other medicines that cause drowsiness, such as antihistamines (cetirizine), cold and cough medicine, opiates or narcotic pain relievers (codeine, tramadol), muscle relaxants, etc., with Taloprex Ls tablets. These medicines can increase the side effects of Taloprex Ls tablets and cause extreme drowsiness....
- If you have any known bleeding issues or take blood thinners, use caution when taking Taloprex Ls tablets, as this medicine increases the risk of bleeding in such persons.
- If you are already using antiepileptic medicines for seizure disorders, inform your doctor as these medicines can increase the side effects of Taloprex Ls tablets.
Interactions with food items
- Try to avoid tyramine-rich food products like cheese, milk, beef, chicken liver, meat extract, avocados, bananas, canned figs, soybeans, and chocolate. This can result in a sudden and dangerous increase in blood pressure....
- Avoid eating grapefruit and its juice while on treatment with Taloprex Ls tablets. This fruit can increase the levels of this medicine in the blood.
Storage and disposal of Taloprex Ls 5 MG
Dosage of Taloprex Ls 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Taloprex Ls tablets for a long time without having side effects?
Q: Can Taloprex Ls tablets cause any problem with sexual wellness?
Q: Will the Taloprex Ls tablet cause any changes to my weight or appetite?
- Escitalopram: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- Clonazepam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- Kakde RB, Satone DD. Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Escitalopram Oxalate and Clonazepam in Tablet Dosage Form [Internet]. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Medknow Publications. 2009 [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- Dar SA, Bhat BA, Jan MM. Addition of Benzodiazepines to Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors to Optimize Treatment of Depression: A Hospital-based Study [Internet]. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. [cited 2022 Mar 14].