Syscan 150mg Capsule
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Syscan 150 mg Capsule contains Fluconazole, which is an antifungal. It helps to treat infections by preventing the growth of fungi by disrupting its cellular enzymes. The most common side effects of t
his medicine include stomach pain, headache, blurred vision, dizziness and nausea. Take this medicine in dose as recommended by your doctor. Abruptly stopping this medicine may increase the risk of reinfection. Individuals with kidney, liver and heart disorder should take this medicine with caution as it may worsen your conditions. Please inform your doctor about your health condition before taking the medicine....
Uses of Syscan 150mg Capsule
To treat various fungal infections
Contraindications of Syscan 150mg Capsule
- You are allergic to Fluconazole or any other ingredient of this medicine
- You are taking medicines like Astemizole, Terfenadine, Cisapride, Pimozide, Quinidine, Erythromycin
Side effects of Syscan 150mg Capsule
- Increased liver enzymes
- Skin rash
- Liver damage (loss of appetite, vomiting, yellowing of your skin)
Precautions and Warnings of Syscan 150mg Capsule
Can I take Syscan 150 mg Capsule during pregnancy?
- Fluconazole is unsafe during pregnancy. You should not take Fluconazole if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. During pregnancy, it may increase the risk of miscarriage while large doses maycause severe birth defects....Read more
- If you are taking Fluconazole, then use contraception at least for one week even after stopping the medicine.
Can I take Syscan 150 mg Capsule while breastfeeding?
Fluconazole passes into human milk. Breastfeeding can be continued after a single dose; however, if you are taking this medicine repeatedly or in high doses, breastfeeding is not recommended.
Can I drive if I have consumed Syscan 150 mg Capsule?
- You may experience dizziness or fits while taking this medicine.
- If you experience any of these, you should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Syscan 150 mg Capsule?
Avoid excess alcohol while taking this medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver disease or kidney disease
- You have heart diseases and irregular heart rhythm
- You have abnormal electrolyte levels (potassium, calcium or magnesium) in your blood
- You have severe skin reactions
- You have adrenal insufficiency (a condition where the adrenal gland does not produce sufficient steroid hormone)
Mode of Action of Syscan 150mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
- It blocks the formation of the cell membrane of the fungus by inhibiting an enzyme
- Thus the fungi stop multiplying or die because of the non-formation of the complete cell membrane
- It is not effective against virus or bacteria
Directions for Use of Syscan 150mg Capsule
- Take this capsule as a whole with a glass of water
- Check the expiry of the medicine before use
Interactions of Syscan 150mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Serious interaction - Terfenadine, Voriconazole, Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Ranolazine, Lomitapide, Donepezil, Pimozide and Quinidine. Never take Fluconazole with these medicines. When used with Fluconazole, these medicines can cause a life-threatening heart rhythm condition (torsades de pointes)...Read more
- Medicines used as anaesthetic like Alfentanil, Fentanyl
- Medicines used to treat depression like Amitriptyline, Nortriptyline
- Blood thinners like Warfarin
- Medicines for anxiety, like Benzodiazepines (Midazolam, Triazolam)
- Medicines to treat fits like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine
- Medicines for high blood pressure like Nifedipine, Isradipine, Amlodipine, Felodipine and Losartan
- Medicines used for treating ovarian cancer (Olaparib)
- Medicines used to prevent organ transplant rejection like Ciclosporin, Everolimus, Sirolimus or Tacrolimus
- Medicines used for treating cancer (Vincristine, Vinblastine)
- Medicines used for reducing high cholesterol level (Atorvastatin, Simvastatin, and Fluvastatin)
- Medicines for treating pain and inflammation like Celecoxib, Flurbiprofen, Naproxen, Ibuprofen
- The effect of contraceptive pills might be reduced. An additional form of contraception is needed
- Medicines for HIV (Saquinavir)
- Medicines to control diabetes like Chlorpropamide, Glibenclamide, Glipizide or Tolbutamide
- Medicines to control asthma (Theophylline)
- Medicines for treating rheumatoid arthritis (Tofacitinib)
- Medicines to treat cystic fibrosis (Ivacaftor)
- Diuretics like Hydrochlorothiazide
- Medicines used to treat irregular heartbeats (Amiodarone)
Interactions with food items
This medicine can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Syscan 150mg Capsule
- Do not store above 25°C
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets
- Dispose of the capsule if it is expired
Dosage of Syscan 150mg Capsule
- Symptoms of overdose may include feeling or seeing things that are not real (hallucination and paranoid behaviour)
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of overdose, or rush to the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dos
e of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using Syscan 150 mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you are sexually active and discuss effective contraception methods
- This medicine can make your oral contraceptive pills work less efficiently
- Hence if you are on this medication, then use barrier methods of contraception like condoms
Q: I have cough, cold, flu, can I take Syscan 150 mg Capsule?
A: No, flu mostly occurs due to viruses. This medicine works against fungus and not viruses. Take it only if prescribed by your doctor for the complete duration of treatment.
Q: My vision becomes blurred on taking this medicine, is it normal?
A: Yes, blurred vision and dizziness are known side effects of this capsule. Do not drive or perform activities that need at most mental alertness after taking this capsule. Please consult your doctor if the issue worsens.
Q: Can this capsule be beneficial to treat throat infection?
A: Yes, throat infection can be because of fungal as well as bacterial infections. In case your infection is caused due to any kind of fungi, this capsule will treat the infection effectively. If it is a bacterial infection this capsule may not be of help. Thus, do not take this medicine without the recommendation of your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 31 Mar 2021 | 05:47 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved