Synriam 150mg/750mg Strip Of 3 Tablets
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
3 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Synriam 150/750mg tablet is an anti-malarial medicine. It contains a combination of Piperaquine and Arterolane. It is used to treat uncomplicated malaria. It should be taken as directed by the doctor
and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken on an empty stomach. Do not miss any dose or stop taking the medicine without completing the treatment. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Synriam 150/750mg tablet....
Uses of Synriam 150mg/750mg Strip Of 3 Tablets
Synriam 150/750mg tablet is used in adults for the treatment of acute uncomplicated malaria infection.
Contraindications of Synriam 150mg/750mg Strip Of 3 Tablets
If you are allergic to Piperaquine, Arterolane or any of the ingredients of Synriam 150/750mg tablet.
Side effects of Synriam 150mg/750mg Strip Of 3 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Synriam 150mg/750mg Strip Of 3 Tablets
Can I take Synriam 150/750mg tablet during pregnancy?
Synriam 150/750mg tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available in pregnant women. Thus, please consult your doctor before using this medicine, he/she may prescribe an alternate medicine.
Can I take Synriam 150/750mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Synriam 150/750mg tablet should not be used while breastfeeding as there is limited safety data available. Thus, please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Synriam 150/750mg tablet?
Synriam 150/750mg tablet may make you feel dizzy, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Synriam 150/750mg tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Synriam 150/750mg tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking Synriam 150/750mg tablet.
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
- You are breastfeeding
- You are above the age of 60 years
- You do not notice any improvement or experience any untoward side effects while on treatment, immediately contact your doctor.
Mode of Action of Synriam 150mg/750mg Strip Of 3 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Synriam 150/750mg contains two components - Piperaquine and Arterolane, which work together in treating malaria infection. They get accumulated in the food vacuole of the parasite and undergoes variou
s changes to form reactive species and cause prevention of heme detoxification, thereby killing the parasite....
Directions for Use of Synriam 150mg/750mg Strip Of 3 Tablets
Synriam 150/750mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a
fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Synriam 150mg/750mg Strip Of 3 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Synriam 150/750mg tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems,
- Other medicines such as midazolam, omeprazole, paracetamol or theophylline, enflurane, halothane and isoflurane, clarithromycin, rifampicin, carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital, St. John's wort should be used with caution along with Synriam 150/750mg tablet....Read more
Interactions with food items
Synriam 150/750mg tablet should be taken on an empty stomach. Avoid consuming grapefruit juice along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Synriam 150mg/750mg Strip Of 3 Tablets
- Store Synriam 150/750mg tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Synriam 150mg/750mg Strip Of 3 Tablets
Seek urgent medical attention in case you have consumed too much Synriam 150/750mg tablet.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Synriam 150/750mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. D
o not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Synriam 150/750mg tablet?
A: Synriam 150/750mg tablet is used in adults for the treatment of acute uncomplicated malaria infection due to Plasmodium falciparum.
Q: How can I avoid malaria?
- You must wear long-sleeved clothing and long trousers if you are outside after sunset to protect yourself from mosquito bites.
- You must use an insect repellent cream.
- You must use a mosquito net around the bed while sleeping to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes.
Q: Can I stop taking Synriam 150/750mg tablet on my own?
A: Do not stop taking Synriam 150/750mg tablet before completing the course of treatment as your symptoms may reoccur and worsen your condition. Please speak to your doctor if you feel any discomfort while on treatment.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Synriam 150/750mg tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby
- Synriam 150/750mg tablet may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....Read more
Last Updated on: 17 Mar 2021 | 05:53 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved