Syndopa 110mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Syndopa 110mg Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Syndopa 110 tablet is used to improve the signs of Parkinson's disease. It contains a combination of levodopa and carbidopa as the active components. These components work together to give maximum be
nefits from the symptoms of Parkinson's disease like tremors, stiffness of muscles, etc. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more than the recommended dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting Syndopa 110 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding, and about your complete medical history. This medicine is not recommended for use in children below the age of 18 years.
Uses of Syndopa 110mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Contraindications of Syndopa 110mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to levodopa, carbidopa, or any other ingredient of Syndopa 110 tablet.
- If you are taking medicines called non-selective monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have a condition of increased eye pressure called narrow-angle glaucoma.
- If you have an undiagnosed skin lesion or a history of skin cancer.
- If you have a mental disorder.
- If you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Syndopa 110mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Involuntary movements like jerking
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Syndopa 110mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are taking any other form of medicine, herbal supplements, or ayurvedic remedies.
- You are a chronic alcohol user.
- You are trying to get pregnant.
- You are a smoker.
- Your job needs attention to detail or driving.
- You are suffering from any heart, liver, or kidney disease.
Mode of Action of Syndopa 110mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Syndopa 110 tablet contains a combination of levodopa and carbidopa as the active components.
- Levodopa converts into a chemical called dopamine in the brain. Dopamine is essential for the transfer of messages between the brain and the body. Thus, it helps to improve the signs of Parkinson's disease....
- Carbidopa slows down the breakdown of levodopa in the body, and hence, helps levodopa to work more effectively.
- Together, levodopa and carbidopa work with each other to give maximum benefits from the symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease.
Directions for Use of Syndopa 110mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take Syndopa 110 tablet exactly as recommended by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break, or chew the medicine.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Syndopa 110mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Syndopa 110 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicine for treating heart conditions like alpha-blockers, and medicines for pain/fever like paracetamol.
- If you are taking any medicine used to treat a type of cancer such as degarelix, the interaction between the two medicines can cause adverse reactions like vomiting, convulsions, etc.
- If you are taking medicine for depression, it can lead to increased sleepiness.
- If you are taking any medications for asthma, e.g., theophylline - Interactions can cause a slowed breathing rate and can induce breathlessness.
Interactions with food items
- Syndopa 110 tablet should not be taken with a meal that contains too much protein (meat, eggs, milk, cheese) since it may not work as well as it should.
Storage and disposal of Syndopa 110mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Keep Syndopa 110 tablets in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Syndopa 110mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Syndopa 110 tablet, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Syndopa tablet a habit-forming medicine?
Q: Can Syndopa cause sleepiness?
Q: Can Syndopa tablet make me impotent?
- Sinemet 12.5 mg/50 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 September 2022]
- Sinemet 12.5 mg/50 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 September 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 September 2022]