Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet
By IND SWIFT LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Suprox Sr 40 MG Description
Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet contains Isoxsuprine, which belongs to the class of medicines called peripheral vasodilators (medicines which are used to widen the blood vessels for better blood circulation).
It works by acting on the smooth muscles of the blood vessels and improves the blood flow in the body. You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to any of the components of this medicine. Inform your doctor about all other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking before starting with a Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet.
Check more medicines with composition as Isoxsuprine(40.0 Mg)
2 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet
- Tidilan Retard 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Juggat Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 120.67₹ 102.5723.2% CHEAPER₹ 10.26/Tablet
- Gestakind Sr Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 104.67₹ 88.9733.38% CHEAPER₹ 8.9/Tablet
Uses of Suprox Sr 40 MG
Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet is used in blood diseases, where the circulation of blood gets hampered due to the narrowing of the blood vessels. It is also used in premature labour.
Contraindications of Suprox Sr 40 MG
- If you are allergic to Isoxsuprine or any components of this medicine
- If you are pregnant or planning to have a baby
- If you are 65 years of age or older
- If you are having surgery
Side effects of Suprox Sr 40 MG
- Flushing (feeling of warmth)
- Upset stomach, stomach pain
- Fast heartbeat
- Chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Suprox Sr 40 MG
Can I take Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the safety of Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet in pregnancy. Use in pregnancy is not recommended. Immediately inform your doctor if you become pregnant while taking this medicine.
Can I take Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not known if the medication can pass into breast milk. Use while breastfeeding is not recommended.
Can I drive if I have consumed Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet?
Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet can make you feel dizzy or may hamper your alertness, do not drive or handle any machinery if you feel any side effects such as dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet?
There is no known interaction of this medicine with alcohol
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart disease such as angina or chest pain or heart attack.
- You have bleeding problems.
- You have Glaucoma which is an eye disorder characterised by increased pressure in the eye.
- You have the hardening of the arteries.
Mode of Action of Suprox Sr 40 MG
How Does It Work?
It works by widening the smooth muscles of blood vessels and increasing blood flow to certain parts of the body.
Directions for Use of Suprox Sr 40 MG
Take Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Suprox Sr 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
Storage and disposal of Suprox Sr 40 MG
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Dosage of Suprox Sr 40 MG
Overdose symptoms of this medicine are weakness, dizziness, fainting, nausea and vomiting. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Suma Kunchur
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to follow while taking the Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet?
A: You should inform your doctor about all other prescription medicines, herbal preparations and over the counter medicines you are consuming. Inform about any allergies you have specific to any medicine, also inform any other diseases or health issues you have.
Q: What are the side effects of Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet?
- Side effects associated with Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet are dizziness, chest pain, vomiting and rash. These are temporary and go away on their own, if side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition then immediately inform your doctor....
Q: What is the composition of Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet?
A: Suprox Sr 40mg Tablet contains Isoxsuprine as its active ingredient.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed