Sumo L 1g Iv Inf 100ml
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
100ml Infusion in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sumo L 1g Iv Inf 100ml contains paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen. It belongs to a group of medicines called Analgesics (painkillers) or Antipyretic (medicines used to reduce fever).
Uses of Sumo L 1g Iv Inf 100ml
- Periods pain
- Joint pain
- Flu-like symptoms
Contraindications of Sumo L 1g Iv Inf 100ml
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are taking any other product that contains paracetamol
Side effects of Sumo L 1g Iv Inf 100ml
- Skin rash
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swollen face or a runny nose
- Immune disorders where blood doesn't clot properly (thrombocytopenic purpura)
- High number of methemoglobin (form of haemoglobin containing iron), known as methaemoglobenaemia
- Low number of white blood cells (agranulocytosis)
Precautions and Warnings of Sumo L 1g Iv Inf 100ml
Can I take Sumo L 1g Iv Inf 100ml during pregnancy?
It can be taken in pregnancy as there are no side effects in recommended doses; however, consult your doctor on the use of this medicine before taking.
Can I take Sumo L 1g Iv Inf 100ml while breastfeeding?
Paracetamol passes into breastmilk in small amount. This medicine can be used during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Sumo L 1g Iv Inf 100ml?
Paracetamol is not likely to affect your ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Sumo L 1g Iv Inf 100ml?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment, as it may cause liver damage especially more than three alcoholic drinks per day.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver or kidney disease
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol, taking too much of the same can cause liver damage
- You are alcoholic or are suffering from chronic malnutrition
Mode of Action of Sumo L 1g Iv Inf 100ml
How Does It Work?
There are some chemicals in the body called prostaglandins. These are substances that cause pain, swelling, fever. Sumo L 1g Iv Inf 100ml contains paracetamol which blocks the production of these prostaglandins, thus temporarily controlling fever or pain. It acts on the area of brain which is responsible for controlling temperature. Thus, it controls the fever.
Directions for Use of Sumo L 1g Iv Inf 100ml
- This medicine will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Sumo L 1g Iv Inf 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone
- Medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infection like chloramphenicol
Interactions with food items
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with food
Storage and disposal of Sumo L 1g Iv Inf 100ml
- Store below 25°C
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Sumo L 1g Iv Inf 100ml
- Your doctor or nurse will give this injection so it is unlikely that you overdose on this medicine
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse as to when the medicine should be given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using this medicine?
- Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems, or alcoholic, as this medicine is known to cause serious liver damage in case of overdose
- Caution is needed in older people too
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved