Sucramal O Suspension 150ml
By A.MENARINI INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
150ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sucramal O Suspension 150ml Description
Sucramal O Suspension is used to treat ulcers and prevent the reoccurrence of ulcers in the stomach and intestine. It also provides relief from pain, post-meal acidity and heartburn associated with a
cid reflux and inflammation in the stomach. Sucramal O Suspension is an oral suspension that contains two main ingredients, sucralfate and oxetacaine. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take Sucramal O 1 hour before food.
|You Save||₹29.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Sucralfate(1.0 G) + Oxetacaine / Oxethazaince(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, stomach and intestine ulcers|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, increased thirst, headache|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-FLATULENT|
Check more medicines with composition as Sucralfate(1.0 G) + Oxetacaine / Oxethazaince(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Sucramal O Suspension 150ml
Sucramal O Suspension is used for instant relief from acidity, heartburn and pain due to post-meal acid reflux. It also used for prevention of and recurrence of ulcers.
Contraindications of Sucramal O Suspension 150ml
If you are allergic to sucralfate, oxetacaine or any of the other ingredients of Sucramal O Suspension.
Side effects of Sucramal O Suspension 150ml
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Increased thirst
Precautions and Warnings of Sucramal O Suspension 150ml
Can I take Sucramal O Suspension during pregnancy?
It is not advisable to use Sucramal O Suspension during pregnancy as there is limited safety information regarding the use of this medicine in pregnant women.
Can I take Sucramal O Suspension while breastfeeding?
It is not advisable to be used in lactating mothers as there is limited information available on its safety in lactating women and its effect on the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Sucramal O Suspension?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on driving. However, this medicine may sometimes cause dizziness, avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Sucramal O Suspension?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, it can worsen the pain and interfere with the healing process of ulcers. Hence, alcohol should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe kidney or liver-related disorders or you are undergoing dialysis.
- You are taking magnesium-containing antacids for a prolonged period.
- You experience defective bone growth, soft bones or brain-related disorder due to aluminium toxicity.
- You are diabetic and experience a rise in blood glucose levels.
Mode of Action of Sucramal O Suspension 150ml
How Does It Work?
- Sucramal O Suspension is a combination product it works by the combined action of sucralfate and oxetacaine.
- Sucralfate protects the digestive tract from the damaging effects of acids in the stomach, alcohol and medicinal substances like aspirin and promotes the healing of ulcers.
- Oxetacaine inhibits acid production in the stomach by suppressing the action of an enzyme. It also acts as a local anaesthetic and provides relief from the pain associated with ulcers and acid reflux.
Directions for Use of Sucramal O Suspension 150ml
- Sucramal O Suspension should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- Take it preferably one hour before having your meals.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Sucramal O Suspension 150ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Sucramal O Suspension may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines, herbal preparations or supplements....
- Sucramal O can reduce the action of medicines used for treating ulcers such as cimetidine and ranitidine.
- Sucramal O Suspension can reduce the action of levothyroxine, a medicine used for thyroid-related disorder.
- The effect of antibiotics known as tetracyclines & minocycline is decreased when used with this suspension.
- This medicine can decrease the effect of theophylline which is used for asthma and breathlessness.
- Sucramal O decreases the effect of phenytoin (a medicine used to control fits).
- Other medicines such as digoxin (used for treating heart failure), ciprofloxacin (antibiotic), ketoconazole (antifungal) and medicine used to treat irregular heartbeats like quinidine may interact with Sucramal O Suspension....
Interactions with food items
Your doctor may preferably ask you to take Sucramal O Suspension at least 1 hour before food.
Storage and disposal of Sucramal O Suspension 150ml
- Store Sucramal O Suspension at room temperature.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Sucramal O Suspension 150ml
Overdose of Sucramal O Suspension may result in symptoms like stomach pain, vomiting, dizziness and fainting. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Sucramal O Suspension to a child?
A: No, it is not recommended for children as there is limited safety information related to the use of Sucramal O Suspension in children.
Q: Can I use Sucramal O Suspension for acidity?
A: Yes, it can be used for acidity. It reduces acid production in the stomach and also relieves pain and heartburn.
Q: Can I use Sucramal O for gastritis?
A: Gastritis is a condition of inflammation of the lining of the stomach and it usually occurs due to an infection. Sucramal O is not active against infections. Thus, it should not be used in such a case.
Q: Can I drink water after taking Sucramal O?
A: No, you should avoid drinking water or eat anything immediately after the syrup. It can reduce the effect of syrup.
- Carafate oral suspension [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Fourrts India | Sucrafil O Gel – The No. 1 Sucralfate – Oxetacaine Brand [Internet]. Fourrts.com. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Oxethazaine - HMIS Online [Internet]. Hmis.online. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Oxetacaine: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed